Project Coordinator - Construction
SHRA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Project Coordinator level for the Real Estate and Construction Services department. This position will serve as a Project Coordinator alongside the Program Manager with a general knowledge of various construction disciplines, coordinating multiple design/construction projects for the Agency.
This position will perform construction oversight as needed, plan and supervise construction projects, coordinate the work of outside construction firms of various disciplines, and provide construction management on a variety of projects involving public infrastructure improvements, building construction and rehabilitation, building demolition, and other types of Public Works projects as assigned. SHRA employees have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
Some of the essential job duties include:
Collaboration and Communication
- Coordinate with City and County staff and Utility companies, including Public Works Department, Planning and Building Departments, PG&E, SMUD, Fire Departments, etc.
- Confer with and coordinate the efforts of engineers, architects, general contractors, building inspectors, owners, and supervisors
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the project's building officials and inspectors and be responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing.
- Present project concepts and designs to clients, community groups and governing boards
Project Construction Management and Coordination
- Prepare and/or review drawings, specifications and cost estimates
- Assess scope of work for cost effectiveness
- Evaluate and monitor work progress and code compliance
- Supervise the work of subordinate staff and provide guidance when needed
- Develop Request for Proposals and Qualifications (RFP & RFQ's) for professional services
Education: B.S. in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and field experience.
Experience: Must have 4+ years of project management experience with extensive knowledge of construction industry. Preference to candidates with multi- or single family housing experience.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.