Safeguarding the privacy of your personal information, both online and offline, is an important priority for you and ApartmentJobs.com. As a visitor to this website, ApartmentJobs.com gives you clear notice when information is requested from you; the types of information requested from you; the general purposes for which that information will be used or disclosed; the categories of users to whom the information is provided.
Specifically, information is received from you when you register or use other services provided through this website. The specific information collected from you online for storing your registration data (resume) includes:
- First and last name.
- Current mailing address.
- Contact information such as telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Employment, salary history and education information.
- Other information necessary or appropriate to process your registration and online employment applications.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Our website utilizes technologies to compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our site, common navigation paths within the site, types of browsers and platforms that access the site and the average connection speeds used to connect to the site. This aggregated information is used to develop enhancements to the online experience of our users. These technologies do not collect or use personally identifiable information, such as names or address, and do not associate any online actions with an identifiable person.
To Whom the Information Collected from You may be Disclosed
Any of the information collected from or about you, as described above, may be disclosed to any client employer that has acquired permissible access (Resume Search) to our records database. Exceptions to the disclosure of this information (your data will not be disclosed) are as follows:
- You choose to "hide" your registration details from employers via your account management panel. This feature may be turned on or off at any time, by you, via your account management panel.
- Employers that have not acquired permissible access (Resume Search) to our records database.
The information collected, as described above, may also be received by third parties providing services to ApartmentJobs.com in connection with your employment placement or job search (for instance, recruiting firms owned by our Parent Corporation or third party direct placement recruiting services).
Any of the information collected may also be disclosed in response to valid legal process, including but not limited to a lawfully issued subpoena, search warrant, regulatory investigation or inquiry, or court order.
ApartmentJobs.com is not, however, responsible for the privacy practices or content of companies, or other linked sites listed on the ApartmentJobs.com web pages, if any. The owners of these linked sites are responsible for their content and use.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a piece of text information that a web server may transfer to your web browser when you visit this website. Cookies are commonly used by websites to improve your experience and to enable systems to recognize your browser. Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. For example, the site cannot determine your email name unless you choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer and only the website that created the cookie can interpret it.
How are cookies used on this website?
Cookies must be enabled to avoid repeat log-in steps and "Click-Once Applications" when applying for employment ads through this website.
This website uses cookie technology for the following purposes:
- To allow you to return to ApartmentJobs.com and access your account information without logging in
- To allow you to apply for job ads sent to you via email with a single click of your mouse
- To allow us to gather aggregated statistical data about the use of this website for management and development purposes
- To help improve your navigation of this website
These cookies will only collect information during your online activity at this website, not during any of your other Internet activity. Cookies set by us cannot be interpreted by any other third party without your explicit consent. We may at times use outside technology companies to set cookies on this website and collect cookie information for us (for instance, Google Analytics). The cookie information collected by these companies is used in the same manner as stated above in this section. Those companies may not use these cookies for their own internal purposes or share the information collected with any party other than ApartmentJobs.com and our Parent Corporation; Apartment Gear, Inc.
How can I accept cookies?
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by establishing your preferences in your web browser. Internet Explorer is set up by default to allow the creation of cookies; however, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk.
ApartmentJobs.com provides you access to an automated Job Agent system. This system is strictly an "Opt-in" system and may be configured by you for your use to obtain job notifications from ApartmentJobs.com. You may turn this feature on or off at will via your account control panel. Each Job Agent message you receive also includes a simple "one click" process to turn off your Job Agent Notifications instantly.
- Your email address is never shared with any third party.
- Only you decide if a prospective employer has access to your email address or other personally identifiable information.
- You may "Opt-in" or "Opt-out" of Job Agent notifications at will, and as often as you like.
- By default, all Job Agent settings are initially set to "Off" -or- "Opt-out". Only you decide to activate this feature.
- ApartmentJobs.com does not send unsolicited email or newsletters to job seekers at any time.
- You may from time to time, receive email updates regarding Policy changes or updates to new services offered at apartmentjobs.com
The ApartmentJobs.com website, where personally identifiable information in conjunction with registration or online employment applications, is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. ApartmentJobs.com complies with The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under 13 years of age.
How to Contact Us with Questions or Comments