Groundskeeper - (Kukui Gardens - 1445)
Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility. We believe in work / life balance. 15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service) 10 paid sick days per year 12 paid holidays Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions) We take care of our employees. Competitive Salaries 403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match Go 365 Wellness Program Free Employee Medical Insurance Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance Flexible Spending Account EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services $1,500 Employee Referral Program EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time Groundskeeper at Kukui Gardens, a 398-unit affordable housing community in Honolulu, HI. Qualified candidates will have 6 months of related grounds experience. Salary commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition GROUN003454 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Maintains the grounds and common areas of property (which include, but are not limited to, the pool and spa, club room, public rest rooms, laundry rooms, parking areas, stairwells, sidewalks, driveways, trees, shrubs, grass, flowers, exterior lighting and exterior building walls) in a safe, clean and well maintained condition.
- Sweeps and removes trash and other debris from the common areas, sidewalk and other traffic areas on a continuous basis, including curbs and carports Sweeps and blows all landings at least twice a week (if applicable).
- Maintains and repairs loose stairwell treads. Maintains and repairs the exterior lighting, including replacing burned out exterior light bulbs.
- Mows all lawn areas of the property as scheduled. Trims landscape borders and removes all clippings. Rakes and removes leaves and other debris from the landscaped areas.
- Reseeds grass, installs sod, and applies weed and insect deterrent chemicals and fertilizer as needed. Prepares and grades terrain and transplants shrubs and plants, installs decorative rock as needed.
- Trims trees and shrubs as directed. Maintains, adjusts, and repairs the irrigation system and fountains as needed.
- Digs trenches and installs drain tiles.
- Makes repairs to concrete and asphalt walks and driveways.
- Cleans and maintains pool and spa in accordance with city regulations. Performs routine maintenance and repairs to pool equipment as directed. Provides evidence of city license to service pool chemicals.
- Knows the location of water and gas meter shutoff valves, apartment and fixture shutoff valves, and sewer cleanouts. Know the emergency procedures for the property.
- Immediately reports any safety or health hazards or other unusual events to the Resident Manager.
- Promotes safety awareness to limit property loss and damage or injury to residents and visitors to the property.
- Ensures that storage rooms with gas or equipment are properly organized, secured, and locked. Maintains tools and equipment in good safe working order.
- Promotes high standards of professional appearance and positive relationships with residents, owners, other property management employees, contractors and vendors.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident, applicant, and or employee information.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
6+ months of horticulture and plumbing; some experience in electrical and mechanical functions, preferred.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985