Benton Harbor, MI
Start with a job, stay for a career.
For over 100 years, Edward Rose & Sons has been committed to career development for our team members. We offer you the opportunity to grow in an environment where you will feel valued, have room for advancement, and be rewarded for your good work.
We are currently looking for a Property Manager to join our on-site community team to help support a positive experience for our residents.
What are the responsibilities of a Property Manager?
- Responsible for the overall management of an apartment community, to strengthen and uphold the value and integrity of the company
- Partner cohesively with leaders to ensure each team’s success in their day-to-day operations
- Oversee maintenance and office teams (structure varies based on division)
- Train team members on various customer service and apartment sales techniques
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths and development opportunities
- Maintain appropriate personnel levels, coordinate schedules and delegate effectively to meet the demands of the community
- Interview and hire qualified candidates
- Consistently exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion on the team
- Successfully evaluate and resolve resident concerns in a timely manner
- Be on property as needed for all major incidents requiring recovery (e.g. flood, electrical outages, safety incidents)
- Process and evaluate applications and lease renewals
- Investigate and enforce rules of occupancy, inspect vacant apartments and document needed repairs.
- Work with leaders to set and adhere to operational budgets
- Evaluate contractor projects upon completion to ensure high quality and contract compliance (if applicable, based on location).
- Consistently prepare and submit weekly reports on general operations, payroll, and the financial performance of the community
What are the role requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- CAM certification preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred
- Previous sales or customer service experience is required
- Previous experience in multi-family property management is preferred
- Previous leasing experience is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred
- Maintain a professional appearance following team dress code policy
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Weekend hours may be assigned
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- On the job training and development
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan with bonus opportunities
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Grow a Career with Edward Rose & Sons!
Edward Rose & Sons is committed to career development for our team. We offer training and development through on the job, technical, sales, and leadership tracks and provide solid growth potential in all areas of our business.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.