Start with a job, stay for a career.
For over 100 years, Edward Rose & Sons has been committed to career development for our team members. We offer you the opportunity to grow in an environment where you will feel valued, have room for advancement, and be rewarded for your good work.
We are currently looking for a Grounds Technician to join our on-site operations team to help support a positive experience for our residents.
What are the responsibilities of a Grounds Technician?
- Responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of the apartment community
- Upkeep on parking lots, grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable
- Collecting and removing trash as needed
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are adequately watered
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as required
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, trees, shrubs, and plants to management
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat appearance
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking lots, as required
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What are the role requirements?
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow season.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and push or pull up to 80 pounds
- Experience in irrigation is a plus
- Maintain a professional appearance following team dress code policy
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers
- Basic computer skills and comfort learning software, apps, and programs
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- On the job training and development
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan with bonus opportunities
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
- Compensation: Starting at $14.92 per hour or higher, based on experience
Grow a Career with Edward Rose & Sons!
Edward Rose & Sons is committed to career development for our team. We offer training and development through on the job, technical, sales, and leadership tracks and provide solid growth potential in all areas of our business.
Check out our service technician career path:
Our Mission, Vision, and Values:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.