Byron Center, MI
Start with a job, stay for a career.
For over 100 years, Edward Rose & Sons has been committed to career development for our team members. We offer you the opportunity to grow in an environment where you will feel valued, have room for advancement, and be rewarded for your good work.
We are currently looking for a Carpenter II to join our on-site operations team to help support a positive experience for our residents.
What are the responsibilities of a Carpenter II?
- Assist in maintaining the interior and exterior of buildings, including apartments, mechanical rooms, and common areas
- Complete repairs on building exteriors at heights of up to 50 feet.
- Constructs wooden structures by observing and helping marking lines on materials for cutting and assembly; shaping materials to measurement; assembling and fastening materials, using hand and power tools and woodworking equipment
- Ability to perform the following carpentry skills: reading blueprints, general framing (including wooden structure walls, floors, and doorframes), finish work (detailed in cuts/installation to trim/sheet goods caulking, painting), building and repairing stair systems, concrete formwork & molds, install windows, doors, siding, cabinets and countertops, custom woodwork (mill working), inspect and replace damaged framework or other structure/fixtures.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors
What are the role requirements?
- Must provide basic tools (handheld tools and power tools) and have the skills to properly use those tools
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is preferred
- Must possess customer service and communication skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends if needed and travel to multiple locations
- Ability to use computer for online training purposes
- Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with others
- Maintain a professional appearance following team dress code policy
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers
- Basic computer skills and comfort learning software, apps, and programs
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- On the job training and development
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan with bonus opportunities
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
- Compensation: Starting at $23.85 per hour or higher, based on experience
Grow a Career with Edward Rose & Sons!
Edward Rose & Sons is committed to career development for our team. We offer training and development through on the job, technical, sales, and leadership tracks and provide solid growth potential in all areas of our business.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.