Maintenance Technician (Standby)
Start with a job, stay for a career.
For over 100 years, Edward Rose & Sons has been committed to career development for our team members. We offer you the opportunity to grow in an environment where you will feel valued, have room for advancement, and be rewarded for your good work.
We are currently looking for a Standby Maintenance Technician to join our on-site operations team to help support a positive experience for our residents. Live where you work for FREE! No commuting expense or dealing with traffic!
This particular role must live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in return for being available to respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis. This position requires the ability to complete all work orders assigned according to company policies and procedures.
What are the responsibilities of a Maintenance Technician?
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of an apartment community, including all areas related to the day-to-day operations
- Evaluate, prioritize, and resolve work orders according to company quality standards
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting, shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage disposal installations, and repairs
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve air conditioner, furnace, hot water heater and boiler issues.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing doors, doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and step replacement
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and light fixtures.
- Repair ceramic tile and tub surround replacement
- Monitor inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure adequate stock.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What are the role requirements?
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is preferred
- HVAC experience and EPA certification is preferred
- CPO Certification and pool chemistry and maintenance skills are preferred
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow season
- Maintain a professional appearance following team dress code policy
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers
- Basic computer skills and comfort learning software, apps, and programs
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- On the job training and development
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan with bonus opportunities
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Rent Free apartment home
- Compensation: Starting at $19.13 per hour or higher, based on experience
Grow a Career with Edward Rose & Sons!
Edward Rose & Sons is committed to career development for our team. We offer training and development through on the job, technical, sales, and leadership tracks and provide solid growth potential in all areas of our business.
Check out our service technician career path:
Our Mission, Vision, and Values:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.