Virginia Beach, VA
Start with a job, stay for a career.
For over 100 years, Edward Rose & Sons has been committed to career development for our team members. We offer you the opportunity to grow in an environment where you will feel valued, have room for advancement, and be rewarded for your good work.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our on-site operations team to help support a positive experience for our residents.
What are the responsibilities of a Maintenance Supervisor?
- Manage maintenance staff by setting direction, priorities, and schedules
- Maintain and execute a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and services
- Maintain community inventory, monitor purchase orders, and approve invoices
- Ensure maintenance work orders are completed to the highest standards of quality, efficiency, and safety
- Ensure apartment units are ready for new move-ins by conducting inspection and quality control
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths and development opportunities
- Interview and hire qualified candidates in conjunction with the Property Manager
- Take initiative to work alongside the team as necessary to achieve goals
- Evaluate and manage contractor projects upon completion to ensure high quality and contract compliance
- Ability to successfully perform and train the following technical skills: diagnosing and solving air conditioner and furnace issues, troubleshooting for ancillary services, advanced plumbing tasks, drywall replacement, appliance repair and installation, carpentry work, window installations, advanced electrical issues and thorough understanding of schematic and wiring diagrams, and installation and repair of ceramic tile and vinyl
- May be part of the on-call rotation as needed and available after-hours for emergency needs
What are the role requirements?
- Previous leadership experience is required
- Strong experience in multi-family property maintenance is preferred
- Must have extensive knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures and OSHA regulations
- EPA Universal Certification is strongly preferred
- HVAC experience and Certification is strongly preferred
- CPO Certification and pool chemistry and maintenance skills are preferred
- Ability to prioritize and delegate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and administrative purposes
- Must be willing to respond to emergencies after normal business hours
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers
- Basic computer skills and comfort learning software, apps, and programs
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- On the job training and development
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan with bonus opportunities
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Grow a Career with Edward Rose & Sons!
Edward Rose & Sons is committed to career development for our team. We offer training and development through on the job, technical, sales, and leadership tracks and provide solid growth potential in all areas of our business.
Our Mission, Vision, and Values:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.