Compliance Manager (Corporate - 8912) **
San Rafael, CA
Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility. We believe in work / life balance. 15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service) 10 paid sick days per year 12 paid holidays We take care of our employees. Competitive Salaries 403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match Go 365 Wellness Program Free Employee Medical Insurance Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance Flexible Spending Account EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services $1,500 Employee Referral Program
Position is for a full-time Compliance Manager to work in the EAH Corporate Office in San Rafael, CA. This is a hybrid remote position. Qualified Candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. 5+ years as a Compliance Specialist preferred. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, CalHFA, HOME, USDA, HCD and investors. 2+ years as a Resident Manager with either HUD or Tax Credit experience preferred. Salary range: $75,600 - $118,965 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $75,600 - $97,283 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition COMPL003402 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for ensuring EAH, Inc. is operating in compliance with all affordable housing program guidelines, regulatory agreements and company policies and procedures. The Compliance Manager performs a wide variety of tasks directly related to training, policy development and oversight of affordable housing communities from acquisition through occupancy. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to work congenially with a wide variety of individuals and government entities.
- Provides quarterly webinar and classroom compliance-related trainings. Training topics include EAH Policies and Procedures as well as federal, state and local regulatory compliance.
- Identifies compliance training needs of all REM staff; prepares resource and training materials for each community and provides or recommends resources for training of staff as appropriate. In consultation with the Training and Employee Development Coordinator, provides initial orientation of new staff as well as re-orientation of existing staff.
- Maintains comprehensive records of compliance training for staff and provides staff continuing education tracking reports to Regional Managers and Human Resources.
- Oversees development and implementation of appropriate Compliance policies and policy changes that support EAH’s strategic direction and plans. Keeps current on any changes in regulations affecting affordable housing to staff in a timely manner. Updates Compliance policies, procedures, and forms on shared drives (including but not limited to verification forms, policies and procedures, resident selection plans, marketing plans, compliance manuals etc.).
- Ensures that systems are in place to monitor (site visits or “desk review”) site compliance with all regulatory agreements and requirements, including but not limited to Tax Credit, HUD project based Section 8, Tax Exempt Bonds, AHP, RHCP, CalHFA, CDBG, HOME, MHP and Fair Housing.
- Works with compliance staff in reviewing all regulatory and reporting requirements for each community.
- Develops, reviews, revises, and implements corrective action plans based on internal and external audit findings. Review statistics on materials obtained from file audits and makes appropriate policy recommendations.
- Develops and implements plan of action procedures for handling negative notices of non-compliance from CTCAC, HUD/Contract Administrators or Investor auditors.
- Coordinates external consultant/auditor review of first year initial file reviews.
- Meets with REM and RED to review, discuss and approve the Deal Memo for new Acquisitions and new Construction. In conjunction with RED and the Relocation Specialists, creates initial income eligibility and relocation tracking spreadsheet.
- Serves as compliance point-of-contact for owners, investors, RED and REM from acquisition/construction through occupancy.
- Facilitates weekly Relocation meetings, provides acquisition/rehab compliance-related status updates and answer compliance-related questions from REM, RED and Relocation Specialist.
- Ensures compliance staff provides oversight and support to assigned portfolio. Ensures constant oversight for properties that are listed on the “critical list.”
- Develops and update site specific compliance documents, including but not limited to the AFHMP, RSP, LAP, PSR and HCD SRI worksheet.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with various compliance agencies. Proactively coordinates EAH meetings with each agency, including annual meetings.
- Attends agency/investor-sponsored training.
- Lobbies government agencies if disagreements arise; implements procedures if there is agreement.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises Senior Compliance Analyst and Compliance Specialist. May direct the work of external consultants.
- Trains staff on emergency procedures and employee safety.
- Approves timesheets and time-off requests.
- Sets and oversees employee work schedules.
- Develops and implements disciplinary action policies for handling negative notices of non-compliance from HHFDC, Spectrum, HUD, Contract Administrators or Investor auditors.
- Ensures that Real Estate Management (REM) staff follows through on disciplinary action policies.