HR Business Partner
San Rafael, CA
Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility. We believe in work / life balance. 15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service) 10 paid sick days per year 12 paid holidays Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions) We take care of our employees. Competitive Salaries 403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match Go 365 Wellness Program Free Employee Medical Insurance Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance Flexible Spending Account EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services $1,500 Employee Referral Program EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time (40 hours/week) Human Resources Business Partner to work at EAH Corporate in San Rafael, CA. Position will be providing support in the San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California portfolios. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years HR experience. Demonstrated employee relations, leave of absence, performance management and talent acquisition experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and HRIS systems. SHRM or HRCI designation preferred. Experience with UKG/UltiPro system a plus. Salary range: $75,600 - $118,965 per year; hiring range for new employees is generally $75,600 - 97,283 per year, DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition HRBUS003383 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, performs a wide variety of professional level human resources activities for assigned region in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, leave management and related areas. Makes recommendations regarding new or existing human resources policies. Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations on assigned projects. Works closely with VP and HR Manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, and activities. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Employee Relations/Performance Management/Employee Retention:
- Oversees roll out of employee satisfaction survey for assigned region, as needed. Analyses results and works with manager and supervisors for created and implementation on Action Plans in assigned region.
- Partners with management on employee relations issues, counseling supervisors on appropriate employee coaching, motivating and disciplinary actions.
- Oversees performance review process for assigned region, including training managers and supervisors on HR performance managements systems.
- Oversees separation/termination process, ensuring that separation paperwork is received in HR and final pay is sent out in accordance with policy.
- Notes trends and makes recommendation to HR Director on programs and policies that would address current workplace challenges.
- At the direction of HR Director, conducts workplace investigations.
- Attends employment-related hearings, including unemployment appeals, as necessary.
- Works with HR Team, managers and supervisors to ensure that employee completes new hire orientation within 30 days from date of hire.
- Checks in with employees at key milestones (30, 60, 90, 180 days). Reviews employee survey results and connects with employees.
- Coordinates with Learning Managers and outside entities to plan, design, and conduct training modules on Human Resources systems, practices, and policies.
- Makes recommendations to HR Director on improvements to onboarding program.
- Provides guidance to supervisors on pay decisions.
- Completes salary surveys for assigned region, as needed.
- Answers routine benefit questions.
- Promotes employee wellness programs. Serves as champion for assigned region. Ensures target participation and engagement levels are met.
Leaves of Absence/Worker's Compensation:
- Working with third-party administrators (LOA & WC), oversees leaves of absence and Workers Compensation claims from first request to closure for the assigned region.
- Serves as the point of contact for phone, emails, and mail communications with employees staff regarding all leaves of absence, WC claims and related processes for assigned region.
- Provides instruction to employees, managers and supervisors and payroll staff on appropriate procedure for all types of leaves and WC claims, including interactive process/discussion, modified duty training.
- Working through third party administrators, (LOA & WC) oversees integration of leaves (i.e. Worker’s compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.)
- Researches, makes, recommends and/or drafts new policies and procedures in response to company needs.
- Partners with management on roll out and/or enforcement of key policies such as Real Estate Licensing requirements. Ensures that supporting documentation is on file for licensed employees.
- Produces employee communications, as needed.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6-8 years of increasingly complex HR experience