Senior Resident Manager
Summary: The Senior Site Manager of Park Lane Apartments is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of this apartment complex including the supervision of a full-time Assistant Manager and regularly assigned on-site maintenance staff. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: reviewing applications for potential tenants, renting or leasing apartments, collection of rents and deposits, oversight and monitoring of all common areas, scheduling and approving maintenance of property, investigation, and resolution of tenant complaints and issues, and preparation and timely submission regulatory and company reports. No Housing is offered for this position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects Burbank Housings definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Review tenant applications for eligibility; maintain and purge waiting lists; show available units.
- Follows Burbank Housings procedure for processing eligible applicants within the program guidelines attached to the property (i.e. TCAC, CHFA, HUD, RHCP). Works diligently to ensure that all new move-in files are complete and orderly.
- Attends training as needed and recommended by Burbank Housing. This training may require overnight stays out of town.
- Attends regular in-house training and informational meetings offered by Burbank Housing.
- Provides training, direction, and supervision of an Assistant Manager.
- Supervises on-site management and maintenance staff, providing regular feedback through verbal and written communications, participates in annual performance reviews, sets priorities, collects and approves timesheets, vacation scheduling, and oversight of work to ensure timeliness and a professional manner.
- Confers with the Maintenance Crew Leader and Regional Manager, schedules maintenance staff, engages subcontractors in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting of apartments or buildings, and maintaining landscaping or gardening work, and prepares maintenance work orders for all maintenance work to be performed.
- Provides input and collaboration with Regional Manager on the preparation of annual property budget.
- Walks property at least twice per day (once in the morning and once in the evening) to assure residents of management presence and to monitor the overall appearance of the property.
- Ensures that vacant units are "turned" in the fastest possible time by monitoring the timeliness of vendors and maintenance staff. Walks vacant unit daily to monitor the progress of turn.
- Keeps property vacancy loss to a minimum by processing multiple applicants simultaneously upon receipt of notice of intent to vacate by the current resident.
- Distributes rent bills, collects rent and security deposits for submittal to the accounting department. Works with accounting staff to facilitate smooth accounting procedures; fills out Tenant Status Change Orders in a timely fashion.
- Completes lease form, outlines conditions and terms of occupancy with new resident, and completes relevant paperwork.
- Performs annual re-certification of tenants, completes required weekly reports, monthly reports, ticklers, and compliance reports.
- Cooperates with compliance staff in submitting requested information for audits, inspections, and annual reports for lenders and regulatory agencies.
- Instructs tenants in emergency procedures, appliance use, and property rules.
- Investigates tenant complaints and resolves tenant issues, prepares written incident reports, prepares and serves tenant warning notices, 3-Day notices, 10-Day notices, and 30-Day notices, appears in eviction proceedings and maintains a daily Managers log.
- Shows vacant units and applies approved marketing strategies to reduce vacancy loss.
- Conducts annual unit inspections, walkthrough of vacated units assessing any damage, cost of repairs, and arrange turnover repairs. Prepares security deposit refund statements and submits to the accounting department for disbursement in accordance with lease provisions.
- May provide limited emergency repairs.
- Provide local information on available nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
- Oversees, coordinates, and maintains a calendar of events and users for multi-purpose room and computer room use.
- Works in cooperation with Community Services staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made (except experience levels) to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience managing a large apartment complex, subsidized housing experience preferred. A Real Estate license or college level property management course work is preferred.
- Commitment & enthusiasm toward achieving Burbank Housings Mission and Vision Statements.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Thorough understanding of affordable housing regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Competency in the implementation and practice of Fair Housing regulations.
- Experienced in supervision and understanding of staff management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English is required in both spoken word and written language. Ability to read and interpret rental agreements, government regulations, and budgets. Ability to write effective business correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups and individuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy are required.
Reasoning Abilities: Ability to analyze and interpret technical procedures and instructions. Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Management Skills: Ability to supervise, train, and direct on-site staff. Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of tenants and staff.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Drivers License, maintain a satisfactory driving record, reliable personal transportation and automobile insurance per requirements of the State of California.
- Working knowledge of computer software and systems: Microsoft Office competency required.
- Ability to quickly gain competency in Yardi Voyager or other software related to property management.
- Satisfactory criminal background history for employee and adults age 18 years and older who reside with the employee.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; climb stairs, sit; use hands to handle objects/operate keyboards, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms from the waist and above the shoulders; stoop; kneel and crouch; lift up to 30 pounds; see, talk and hear. A pre-placement physical is required.