Third Party Associate
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering out-sized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
We are hiring for 8 positions.
Position may be fully remote if it qualifies for the Customer Care Center’s business continuity policy.
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on growth and expansion to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re championing our organization’s core values - Commitment to Integrity, Spirit of Caring and Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we’re looking for customer focused associates and future leaders to join our team!
The Third Party Associate supports all day-to-day tasks related to customer account administration for our third party vendor(s) within AvalonBay’s inbound call center. This includes, but is not limited to, taking inbound calls, detailed account research, payment processing, and basic assistance with our customers websites (ie: on-line portal). Associates are responsible for resolving customer inquiries and issues related to payments, legal and prior resident. The Associate will also be responsible for monitoring emails that pertain to third party customers, completing monthly audits and adjustment items, which may include outbound calls to residents.
Work schedule is typically four weekdays from 11:15am to 8:30pm EST and Saturdays from 12:00pm to 5:00pm EST.
1. Service all call queues, including inbound Front-line, Payment, Legal and prior resident calls with professionalism and empathy. Effectively resolve conflict. Assist with account audits and adjustments.
2. Complies with production efficiency and documentation requirements. Accurately checks processes and tasks through to completion.
3. Actively participates in coaching, trainings, and personal development sessions.
4. Perform all duties in accordance with AVB Core Values and completes timely follow up.
5. Maintain schedule requirements to achieve Dept. adherence threshold.
6. All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
• High school diploma OR equivalent (GED) required.
• A minimum of two years of call center or shared service experience, OR experience working in a fast paced operations environment preferred.
• A minimum of two years of customer service experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses customer service knowledge and ability to deliver exceptional customer experience, internally and externally.
• Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
• Possesses basic math skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Problem solving skills; ability to identify customer concerns, acknowledge with empathy and articulate solution for the concern with a focus on providing a one call resolution.
• Ability to multi-task and perform other administrative tasks.
• Exhibits ability and willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
Minimum Internet speed of 25MBPS (Uploads and Downloads) requirements and must be hardwired. Must have this network requirements to work remotely. Wifi is not acceptable or allowed.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more! Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29921