SharePoint and Collaboration Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The SharePoint and Collaboration Engineer provides subject matter expertise to all aspect of the collaboration experience including governance, knowledge and data management, collection, assessment, design, solution development, migration, integration, testing, training, documentation, and implementation. This position plays a pivotal role in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and collaboration tools within the organization. The Engineer will also provide Office 365 collaboration support to business users. This role requires working in partnership with infrastructure, security, application, and business teams to deliver a secure, user friendly and efficient digital experience.
- Function as the SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business expert, assuming a lead role in the creation of the Governance, Taxonomy, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identify and develop SharePoint solutions that improve employee experiences, productivity, and effectiveness as well as providing operational training associated with SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Forms and Power Platform.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, evaluates current and emerging SharePoint, Teams and Office 365 technologies; recommend solutions and best practices to leadership.
- Design, build and maintain business process automations which utilize the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Assist in design and implementation of required components, including architecture, applications, file system structures, workflows, and solutions as applies to SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business and Power Platform.
- Assist with testing, management, and reporting of new and existing capabilities in SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business and Power Platform
- Act as a SharePoint Developer to assist with design of appropriate solutions to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Participate in team and customer interactions to analyze, design, and document Office 365 solutions and architecture suited to specific business needs and processes.
- Work with project teams and business units to plan, document, oversee and assist with migrations of Company data into SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business.
- Provide responses for other team members in support of end user support requests as needed and provide input into best practices and guidance documentation as needed.
- Centrally administer and monitor configuration and use of SharePoint Online.
- Manage ticketing queue for escalation support of technologies supported.
- Escalation assistance in performing troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree).
- 7 - 10 years of work-related experience.
- 3+ years managing Office 365 services in a large-scale environment.
- Expertise in Cloud, Azure, MS Office 365 environments with emphasis on SharePoint Online / Teams.
- Expertise with solution design for integrations using of out of the box and new components or features within Azure and Office 365.
- Proficiency establishing governance and policies for large organizations residing in a single tenant.
- High proficiency handling taxonomy, metadata, and site mapping.
- High proficiency with complex migrations into SharePoint Online.
- High proficiency with PowerShell scripting in support of SharePoint configuration, management, and migrations.
- Exceptional analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including explaining technical and program requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment.
- Proficient in the ability to effectively manage risks, issues, and change requests.
- Ability to adapt to change effectively.
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Experience with Teams and/or Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI) with hands on development and implementation experience
- Strong scripting abilities including SharePoint Management Shell, PowerShell, HTML, XML, CSS;
- Familiarity building and executing within the SharePoint Framework.
- Familiarity with JSON.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click onBenefitsfor information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30117