Human Resources Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Temporary (Full Time)
State: California City: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 90025
Compensation: $22.00/hr - $28.00/hr
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
We are seeking an HR Coordinator to support our Human Resources team for a 1-year temporary assignment as we go through a major technology implementation. The ideal candidate will be flexible, self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities as well as have a strong emphasis on organization and detail. The HR Coordinator will perform administrative tasks and work with HR Managers and Generalists to assist with HR generalist duties and special projects as needed. The role interacts with a variety of business leaders and internal clients. Candidates for the role should be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team, and possess strong problem solving skills. They must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters and have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
The HR Coordinator will provide support to the broader Human resources team with ad hoc projects and requests. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond, track, and coordinate requests for information and administrative inquiries to include unemployment and subpoena of records.
- Respond to HR related inquiries, associate information requests.
- Run standard reports as needed; track and monitor completion reports to ensure compliance; prepare data for analysis of results.
- Prepare exit packets and required notifications for offboarding process.
- May assist with initial investigation intake interviews as needed.
- Assist to track and manage missing documents as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed including processing invoices and expense reports.
- Assist with pre-and post-meeting coordination (scheduling, ordering food, pre-work, summaries, etc.)
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other meeting materials.
- Perform basic data analysis and report preparation.
- Assist with COVID 19 tracking with third party vendor for follow up, answer policy related questions.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred plus at least 1+ year of Human Resources administrative experience with basic knowledge of employment law.
- The ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent follow-up, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Data analysis experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing skills.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30119