Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Claims Associate is responsible for the providing administration, guidance, and oversight of various risk management led processes. This includes facilitating and overseeing risk management and claims reporting and supporting community inquiries with existing risk management guidance. Claims work will focus on property damage claim setup, bill review and payment processing, partnering with community leadership to put together tender packages for third party litigated claims, and supporting the Claims team on incident investigation. Of critical importance will be supporting processes around claim intake, investigation and documentation. Coordinator will also be responsible for updating internal policies and guidance documents as requested and project managing various team initiatives through completion.
- Monitors and reviews submitted incidents for accuracy and integrity, ensures all incident fields have been properly entered; corresponds with community, department manager or other internal and external constituents as needed
- Leads daily claim and incident investigation processes, which may include setup, oversight, and resolution of claims, and provides community support as needed.
- Works in conjunction with technical internal and external experts to develop, prepare, review, edit, publish and maintain various Risk Management policies and procedures as needed.
- Partners with other risk management stakeholders in the coordination and execution of various risk management initiatives.
- Supports in the review, investigation, documentation, and administration of individual property damage claims, including partnering with restoration vendors to review invoices for accuracy.
- Provide administrative support for the Risk Management team including mailbox management, provide guidance related to compliance, and level one customer support as needed.
- Review Certificates of Insurance and advise of deficiencies as needed.
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an insurance claims setting or progressive experience in residential services management, construction management, or related industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong communication skills. Problem solver with excellent judgement and discretion. Ability to handle work-related stress. Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines. Strong customer service, speaking and presentation abilities.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30018