Renewal Specialist (Remote)
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Renewal /Sales Specialist (RSS) is responsible for creating a positive, professional, and engaging brand experience for all customers during the renewal process. The RSS will provide service and assist residents in their renewal process by sharing information, processing paperwork, and providing community, market, and individual renewal details to customers to drive resident retention while contributing to the achievement of community, portfolio, and organizational goals relating to renewals.
The RSS will support multiple communities within the portfolio. The RSS will focus primarily on active renewals including administrative tasks, such as reminder emails, as well as more complex tasks, such as negotiating, preparing lease documents, tracking active and undecided renewals, and providing market and pricing information. In addition, the RSS will work with their direct Manager for any escalations, or manual renewal countersigning.
The RSS will report directly to the Renewal Team Manager and may interact with multiple Community Managers and on-site associates at the various communities that the RSS supports. They will handle inbound renewal calls, as well as place outbound renewal calls to residents as needed to solidify renewal offers and handle other tasks as assigned by their manager.
- Generate renewal lease, and any applicable forms for each community, once renewal term is confirmed.
- Conduct prompt initial contact and ongoing follow up via email and telephone to establish a relationship and encourage renewal decisions from all active offers.
- Engage in conversations with residents to address all components of the renewal offer, including negotiations, and document all conversations via necessary sources (Salesforce, Renewal Trackers, Lease Manager Portals etc.)
- Collaborate with Renewal Team Manager to make informed negotiation decisions and actively participate in both renewal review and pricing calls.
- Present detailed renewal information on a weekly basis via Weekly Renewal Meeting.
- Takes ownership to personally address and resolve customer concerns related to renewals in a timely and professional manner and provides a level of service that results in future referrals and repeat business.
- Escalate any community-specific issues or concerns (e.g., service requests, unit upgrades, lease term lengths, etc.) to Renewal Manager or Senior Manager/Director for any appropriate actions that may be needed.
- Provides a level of service that results in high retention, customer loyalty and satisfaction as measured by Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Handles inbound renewal calls, as well as placing outbound renewal calls to residents while adhering to the Quality Expectations of the CCC Quality Assurance Program.
- Collaborates with team members, and management, to ensure customer satisfaction and resident retention remain at a consistently high level.
- Follows all applicable AVB policies and procedures and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws as needed, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- Ensures all data is entered into appropriate information systems in a timely manner to ensure compliance with company operating procedures and goals; assists in the completion/updating of administrative reports.
- Is familiar with general market data for assigned communities including broad competitive knowledge, regional knowledge, feedback from residents, feedback from on-site teams, and knowledge from pricing calls.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Must meet minimum Internet speed requirements of 25mbps upload and download hardwired. Wifi is not allowed. These are the network requirements order to work remotely.
Must be available to work at least one weekend day each week
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities which are required.
- 1-3 years of multifamily or related property management experience preferred
- Experience in a sales position that requires negotiating
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Assist with community renewal goals through effective negotiating, listening, and follow-through skills.
- Takes ownership of and solves resident problems and concerns with minimal managerial oversight/assistance.
- Manages time and organizes tasks effectively while assigned to tasks for multiple communities.
- Communicates remotely and effectively with coworkers at other communities regarding issues and activities that may require follow-up from the community.
- Maintains market and general knowledge of assigned communities and competitors, including features, benefits, and current pricing.
- Leverages technology platforms such as Salesforce to communicate and manage renewals; accurately enters data into appropriate information systems.
- Knowledge and adherence to all federal, state, and local laws, including Fair Housing regulations as well as AvalonBay policies and procedures.
- Regularly and consistently reports on time, works assigned schedule at the assigned location(s), and accurately documents/verifies time.
Must be able to work one weekend day every week
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29965