Position Type: Full Time
State: Texas City: Austin
Zip Code: 78723
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
We are currently seeking a Construction Director to be based in our new expansion market in Austin, TX. Your main priority will be to provide leadership, supervision and training for all construction personnel.
- Possesses technical expertise in construction, procedures, materials, means and methods.
- Supervises multiple project managers and construction personnel across regions.
- Manages recruiting, scheduling, work assignments, training, and performance appraisals.
- Creates operational plans and execution strategies to complete the projects in a timely manner, sticking to the budget.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and/or related field required
- 10 years of experience in general construction with at least five of those years focused on multi-family/property management industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Displays excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Possesses the ability to oversee new construction at multiple projects at once
- Exhibits a comprehensive understanding of financial calculations/metrics (pro forma financials to monitor work progress), budget creation (budget management and cost reports), contract administration and strong analytical skills (in-depth analysis of all bids to ensure their quality, completeness and comparative value)
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29758