Sales Associate, Community Support (Remote Position)
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
This is a fully remote position.
The Sales Associate, Community Support will be a driving force in helping prospective residents find the best place to call home. They support community leasing by assisting and engaging prospective residents on their self-guided/virtual tours. They are responsible for all aspects of the centralized leasing process for multiple communities. Associates are responsible for ensuring ID verification is completed (where required), and building access is generated manually when automation does not occur. Customer engagement is conducted via outbound and inbound contact through a variety of channels, including, but not limited to telephone, email, zoom, and other potential digital media channels (text/SMS, online chat). They ask questions to customize the tour experience, build rapport, and further identify needs and wants. They create urgency and follow up with leads to ensure that our prospective residents know they care.
• Administer all duties related to property tours, including virtual and self-guided, while providing stellar customer service and a positive experience for the prospective customer.
• Engage and educate prospective customers about AvalonBay and answer any questions they may have using digital resources and other tools.
• Promptly respond to pre tour, during tour, and post tour assistance needs.
• Handle inbound and outbound calls per scheduled shift.
• Conduct virtual tours with prospects (Audio and Video capabilities are required components for this position)
• Professionally present and educate prospective residents on pricing, availability, layout, amenities, design and features of the community and brand, as well as the surrounding area/neighborhood.
• Cross-sell potential prospects to other AvalonBay communities where needs can be met.
•Address and resolve customer service concerns.
• Accurately complete touring related tasks and emails, ensuring all data is entered into appropriate information systems in a timely manner.
• Maintain all documentation in accordance with AvalonBay policy and procedure.
• Work in a collaborative team environment with fellow team members and the on-site team. Actively participate in coaching, training, and personal development while visible on camera.
Qualified candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Home equipment and workspace requirement:
A desktop, provided by AvalonBay is required to be hard-wired to the home’s internet router, Wi-Fi connection is prohibited. The internet speed is a minimum of 25 Mbps down and 25 Mbps up. This is an essential job requirement.
A dedicated workspace that can hold a desktop and a minimum of two monitors, free from distractions that is safe and ergonomically sound, set up at the associate’s cost is required, unless otherwise required by law.
The associate is responsible for maintaining adequate business tools deemed necessary to fully perform job functions. This includes an adequate level of security to safeguard unauthorized access to AvalonBay equipment or confidential or other sensitive AvalonBay information and records.
Equipment cannot be moved to another dedicated workspace without manager and HR approval. This position is not conducive to traveling while working remote.
• High school diploma OR equivalent (GED) required.
• One year of sales experience required providing with above average performance.
• A minimum of one year's experience in a call center, shared services center or fast paced operations environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Possesses customer service knowledge and ability to deliver exceptional customer experience, internally and externally.
• Utilizes sales skills to achieve leasing/sales targets as demonstrated by accomplishments in previous work experience.
• Listens and quickly develops rapport with residents and prospective residents as demonstrated through past work experience.
• Gathers and retains site specific knowledge of various communities within the portfolio to share with prospective residents.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the Customer Experience Vision for each brand and what differentiates community from the competition; Accurate knowledge of community inventory, pricing and availability as well as local community, neighborhood and areas of interest.
• Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
• Possesses basic arithmetic skills (measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) to perform basic calculations and analyses such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, proration, and calculating totals as outlined under the Business Math Policy (8-01) in the AvalonBay Procedures Manual.
• Performs basic Microsoft Office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Exhibits ability and willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29723