Learning & Development Manager (Learning Technology)
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Partners with business leaders to identify and prioritize learning and development needs related to company business knowledge, interpersonal skills, professional, business software applications and regulatory requirements. Designs, develops/sources, and implements learning solutions to maximize associate performance. Responsible for managing some aspects of the company’s Learning Management System.
- Consults with business clients on performance issues; conducts needs assessments and analyzes learning needs.
- Designs, develops/sources, and implements blended learning solutions in a variety of delivery modes including on-line and instructor led training.
- Partners with internal SMEs, external vendors and/or academic institutions to execute corporate and compliance training strategies.
- Manages programs (e.g. schedules, communication, logistics) in area of responsibility and supports delivery of training as appropriate.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to maintain quality and impact; recommends changes to clients and implement as needed.
- Administer the Learning Management System. Specific duties to include tracking compliance training (track completions, communicate overdue training, ensure backup of training materials and records) and running, scheduling, and basic analysis of LMS reports and training data.
- Manages the AvalonBay University (AVBU) Help Desk by responding to associate and manager requests for assistance, including training on system capability, implementing processes and guidelines for handling issues such as where and when to escalate issues for resolution, analyzing call trends, and making recommendations for modifications to existing AVBU processes.
- Supports design and implementation of Human Resource and Learning and Development initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Human Resource Development Business Administration or related area OR Certificate in Instructional Design and 7 years designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions in a business environment.
- 3 years of experience in Learning and Development field including instructional design, delivery, and consulting in a corporate environment. Experience in Financial Services, Professional Services, Real Estate or Hospitality industries a plus.
- Experience with instructional technology/media tools (Articulate, Camtasia, etc.) and online learning development methods.
- Previous experience working with a learning management system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses knowledge of adult learning theory as demonstrated by current or previous work experience.
- Exhibits knowledge of performance consulting methodologies as demonstrated by current or previous work experience.
- Collects and analyzes data to effectively support performance improvement recommendations and solutions in project work as demonstrated by current or past work.
- Possesses knowledge of instructional design and development principles and ability to design and develop competency-based learning solutions to close gaps between current and desired skill levels as demonstrated by current or past work experience.
- Possesses knowledge of training industry and vendor products.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools; track record of successfully managing multiple projects at the same time while meeting deadlines.
- Builds relationships, influences, and works collaboratively at all levels of the company as demonstrated by success in current or previous role.
- Reads and writes English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29608