Cash Reconciliation Specialist I
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
We are looking for the right candidate our team in Virginia Beach, VA as a Cash Reconciliation Specialist I.
To assist in the cash reconciliation process for all AvalonBay bank accounts; track and assist in the resolution of outstanding items, maintain open communication with our Customer Service and Cash Management partners.
1. Complete cash reconciliations for all assigned non-corporate bank accounts each month
2. Complete outstanding check reconciliations for all assigned accounts
3. Upload necessary daily files to reconciliation software
4. Daily review of reconciliation program to monitor outstanding items and complete necessary matches
5. Coordinate efforts to resolve outstanding items/cases with associates in cash management, accounting and customer service
6. Monitor payment service reclass emails and set cases as necessary
7. Prepare necessary reclass and monthly journal entries
8. Monitor and update transactions for known issues
9. Assist with audit requests
10. Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
1. Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
2. Two to three years related experience at AvalonBay (preferred)
3. Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
4. Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word.
5. Strong time management and organizational skills
6. Strong customer service focus
7. Ability to work well with accounting team, property management team, on-site associates and other departments including upper management
8. Strong analytical skills
9. Strong sense of teamwork and work ethic demonstrated
10. MRI and Salesforce preferred
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefitsfor information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30140