San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: San Francisco
Zip Code: 94107
Compensation: $68,400.00 to $84,800.00 per year
Additional Compensation: Total Compensation consists of base compensation plus variable bonus
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for supporting and managing all aspects of the leasing process at large (600+ homes) communities, developing and implementing appropriate sales strategies and practices based on the needs of the community, determining community sales goals, and motivating, coaching and monitoring performance of sales associates in order to achieve community and organizational goals.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively manage the sales process by converting prospect leads into leases; assist with move-ins, lease renewals, and move-outs; ensure that all lease information is accurately and timely recorded according to policy; lease apartments as needed.
- Understand the community’s budgeted occupancy, rents and leasing needs and set appropriate weekly and monthly leasing goals for the leasing team; track, monitor, and report progress and overall performance.
- Schedule and delegate workload between Leasing Consultants to ensure work is being completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and support to the sales team to drive achievement of established goals; hold one-on-one meetings with sales staff.
- Model effective leasing and sales behavior; professionally present and educate residents and prospective residents on layout, amenities, design and features of the community and brand as well as the surrounding area/neighborhood; conduct tours as needed.
- Ensure appropriate resolution of customer service issues; empower effective sales and customer service interactions that results in high level of customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Oversee the delivery of various resident-oriented services (e.g. package pick-up/delivery, community newsletter, parking passes, etc.)
- Provide pricing recommendations; assist in the completion of Market Survey Reports to be used by the management team to assess the competitiveness of the community.
- Follow all applicable AvalonBay policies and procedures and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
2+ years of sales management experience in multi-family or related property management, retail, hotel front desk or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy Notice
#LI-OnsiteJob ID 30264