Customer Service Supervisor
New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time
State: New York City: Brooklyn
Zip Code: 11201
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000 Annually
Additional Compensation: Total Compensation consists of base compensation plus variable bonus
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our property operations team as Customer Service Manager.
The Customer Service Manager’s responsibilities include:
- implement programs and services to residents and prospective residents of an assigned community to contribute to AVB’s annual business goals.
- communicate with residents to ensure residents are knowledgeable regarding community’s services, operating procedures and issues/events.
- respond to inquiries and requests from prospective residents.
- respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- coordinate resident service issues with appropriate community staff such as maintenance, concierge, leasing, and management and ensure resident issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs to maximize revenue, control expense, improve customer satisfaction and manage on-site personnel.
- implement or direct the implementation of all applicable AVB policies and procedures.
ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, specifically those related to fair housing.
Qualified candidates will have 1+ years of multi-family or related property management industry experience or relevant experience in retail or hospitality. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30233