Regional Operations Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our operations team.
The Operations Analyst evaluates financial and operational data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement as it relates to the effective and efficient operation of properties. This associate provides analytical support to the Property Operations group by forecasting revenue, occupancy, expenses, and net operating income. This associate also assists the Property Operations group during all aspects of the underwriting and budgeting process.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinate the budget process, train Directors, and complete the initial review in a timely and accurate manner for the Property Operations group.
- Assist in due diligence for new developments and Investments and complete the initial underwriting.
- Forecast revenue, expenses, and income in an effort to shape the organization’s decisions as it pertains to the operations of AVB properties. Compile and analyze financial data for presentation to executive management.
- Perform community audits, train new executives on audit processes and procedures, review operating results on a weekly basis, report out any exceptions
- Respond to monthly requests from the LRO team relating to pricing and market comparisons.
- Coordinate and prepare the quarterly market update
- 3-5 years of experience in the production and analysis of budgets, revenue and expense forecasting, and financial reporting required
- Experience in the multi-family real estate industry preferred
- the ability to work well at all levels of the organization and in a very fast-paced environment
- comfort delivering group presentations on function-related subject matter and writing reports in a clear, concise form.
How AvalonBay Supports You
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values — A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30149