Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 90068
Compensation: $115,000- $130,000
Additional Compensation: Total Compensation consists of base compensation plus variable bonus.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Team as a General Manager.
The General Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all activities at our luxury apartment community. This position will ensure that the company's financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, property-specific initiatives and strategies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills:
- Five years of multifamily or hotel operational experience
- Experience in managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of people and various support teams
- A drive to succeed
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Financial acumen; must be well-versed in pro forma project accounting and in tracking performance against pro formas
- A degree from an accredited four year university
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy Notice
#li-onsiteJob ID 30122