Position Type: Full Time
State: Florida City: Miramar
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will make apartments move-in ready and help address any resident maintenance requests. One day, you could be patching and painting walls. The next, you might update kitchen fixtures, and walk a resident through the features of their new dishwasher. Every day, you’ll be creating the best possible experience in our community.
- 2-3 years’ experience in maintenance, facilities, or field with related skills
- Positive attitude
- Desire to help people
- Basic knowledge of:
- General repairs/maintenance work
- Basic appliance and HVAC repair (replacing fixtures, installing parts)
- Plumbing and electrical
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion with on-the-job training and maintenance certifications
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values — A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30105