Digital Marketing Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Ditigal Marketing Analyst will work with internal resources and vendor partnersas needed to set the optimal marketing mix and spend for our portfolio of communities, develop and optimize new and existing marketing channels, and identify and/or analyze data to drive (marketing) decision-making support.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze trends, derive insights and recommendations, and help define theoptimal marketing mix
- Help develop and executethe lead generation testing strategies to inform bidding, targeting, creative, and landing page optimizations that engage consumers and drive business results
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics data as well as offline data to evaluate website and marketing channel performance
- Monitor email channel uptime and performance
- Execute tests for email and other digital channels; collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights to achieve maximum ROI
- Keep pace with industry trends and best practices to drive channel innovation
- Help audit our communities’ presence across all digital media and execute updates
- Highly curious, with an entrepreneurial spirit and initiative, passionate about achieving results through actionable, data-driven insights
- Strong project management skills, able to manage the details of multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- Strong problem-solving skills, ready to dig in on consumer attitudes/behaviors/trends and draw implications for marketing
- Experience managing external partners to best leverage their experience while keeping them accountableto our business objectivesand their deliverables
- Ability to derive and present insights from data
- Channel experience in paid search, email, paid social, display, retargeting
- Experience with website/landing page optimization programs
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Advanced skills with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Excel (pivot tables a must), Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to define A/B/n and multivariate test scenarios and success metrics
- Solid understanding of key statistical concepts
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication skills
- BS/MS degree in a quantitative, test-driven field (engineering, mathematics, business)
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing analytics and/or managing online marketing channels
- Experience managing one or more online marketing channels (PPC, SEO, Display, Email, Affiliates) or deep understanding of these marketing channels
- Experience with website analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Familiarity with optimization and targeting tools, such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite) a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis platforms (e.g. SPSS, R, SAS) a plus
- Experience with SEO analytics tools (e.g. Searchmetrics, Conductor, MOZ, Brightedge) a plus
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29064