Seasonal Leasing Consultant
Position Type: Temporary (Full Time)
State: New Jersey City: Princeton
Zip Code: 08540
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Whether it’s helping someone choose one of our communities as their home, providing great service to our residents, or supporting our fellow associates, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live - and work.
As a Seasonal Leasing Consultant, you will be the driving force in helping residents find the best place to call home, during high volume times of the year! Your creative and thoughtful tours will be customized to individual tastes, from recommending the perfect floorplan to outlining the best new neighborhood restaurants. You know what makes people tick, and follow through on every lead to ensure that our prospective residents know you care. The Seasonal Leasing Consultant is a temporary assignment and is designed to ensure our apartment communities have the necessary temporary coverage (i.e., during the holidays / peak season). You will support the leasing teams during the peak traffic times based on the needs of our amazing apartment communities and may end up working at multiple communities within a region.
- incredible customer service skills. You have a knack for creating a sense of community and the drive to go the extra mile to create a spectacular experience for new residents. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build.
- sales and marketing chops. Your personalized connections and recommendations drive our leasing performance, and your ability to create excitement through creative campaigns, continuous outreach, and social media fuel community enthusiasm for AvalonBay.
- follow-through. By understanding what’s important to our prospective residents, you continuously reach out with tailored updates - from the ideal floorplan they’ve been eyeing, to the newest hot-spot openings, to the best food truck in the neighborhood – you help to paint a picture of what it’s like to call your community home.
- a genuine desire to help both residents and colleagues in Creating a Better Way to Live.
- availability to work a flexible schedule based on community needs. This could include certain days or times of day, afternoons, weekends, and holidays. Must be available a minimum of two (2) shifts Monday through Friday and have weekend availability that meets our community needs.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- the ability to work during the seasons that are most convenient to you, and pick up extra shifts when available
- thousands of local and national discounts through AvalonBay’s PerkSpot partnership
- a culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
The Seasonal Leasing Consultant role is a temporary assignment with the potential to convert into Part-Time or Full-Time employment, based on the needs of the business, individual performance and the desire of the individual. A Seasonal role typically may last up to 6 months, however, management reserves the right to end a seasonal assignment early due to business needs. A Seasonal position does not guarantee an offer of a permanent position with AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 30001