Corporate Housing Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Position may become fully remote if it qualifies for the Customer Care Center’s business continuity policy.
The Corporate Housing Specialist within the Customer Experience team’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the compliance of regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures for all administrative and operational goals of the Customer Experience department. Responsibilities including but not limited to the corporate application process by reviewing accounts for low risk to build strong financial relationships with our corporate partners, balance reviews, credit inquiries and working with the various corporations to assist with delinquency. The associate will also be responsible for handling and making inbound/outbound phone calls, documenting accounts, and completing follow-up in a timely manner. We are hiring for two positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalency (GED).
- Excellent record of attendance and timeliness to work.
- Two years’ experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze accounts including, but not limited to, charges from damages, accelerated rent, etc.
- Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule (some overtime may be required).
Must meet minimum internet speed requirments of 25mbps upload and download hardwired. Wifi is not allowed. These are the network requirements order to work remotely.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29928