Payment Services Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay Communities, Inc., an equity REIT, has a long-term track record of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing distinctive apartment homes in some of the best U.S. markets, and delivering outsized, risk-adjusted returns to shareholders. With equal parts experience and vision, we’ve established a leadership position rooted in our purpose of creating a better way to live and that is always focused on building value for the long term.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on growth and expansion to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re championing our organization’s core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we’re looking for customer focused associates and future leaders to join our team!
The Payment Services Specialist is responsible for numerous payment related tasks within AvalonBay’s Customer Care Center. This includes, but is not limited to, payment posting and research, audit processing, account research, deposit scanning, and late fee application. Associates on this team maintain a high level of attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy. The standard work schedule is normal business hours Monday through Friday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
• Apply debits and credits as instructed.
• Manually reallocate payments, accurately checks processes and tasks.
• Accurately scan and deposit all payments.
• Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously.
• Basic ability to read and understand financial ledgers
• Demonstrate exceptional teamwork skills.
• Two years’ experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment preferred.
• Consistent delivery of department established performance goals including passing Quality Assurance scores.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications.
• 2 years of customer service experience and/or payment processing experience
• Data entry and excel
• Call center experience or shared services experience (preferred)
• High school diploma or equivalency (GED)
• Other duties and projects as assigned
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29487