Software Engineering Manager, Full Stack
Position Type: Full Time
State: Colorado City: Denver
Zip Code: 80237
Additional Compensation: Annual performance based bonus
Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Are you a champion for the best customer experience? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you’re a resounding yes, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT AVALONBAY DIGITAL SQUAD
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team will be empowered to act and iterate to get value to customers as frequently as possible. We will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and a modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we’re championing our organization’s core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we’re looking for leaders to join our team!
This position can be based in CA, WA, CO, VA, MD, FL, NY, NJ, CT, MA, DC.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet our North Star vision
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with architects, leadership team, digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solution in alignment with our target architecture
- Utilize programming languages like ReactJS, NodeJS, HTML/CSS, TypeScript, SQL, Python, and Go, OpenSource RDBMS and NoSQL databases, serverless, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 4 years of experience with AWS
- At least 4 years of experience in designing and developing applications in ReactJS, NodeJS, PostGres
- At least 3 years of experience in architecture
- At least 4 years of experience in tech lead role
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in architecting and designing complex systems
- 5+ years of experience in Agile practices
- Proficiency in designing micro-frontend & microservice architecture platform / product solutions
- Proficiency in designing event driven – message hub solutions
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Compensation: depends on experience, annual salary range is $120,000 to $160,000 plus bonus and benefits
- Bonus: Annual performance based bonus
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- A significant rent discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- Option to work a hybrid schedule or fully remote.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values — A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay makes employment decisions without regard to a person’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including characteristics or testing), citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the law.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
For California residents, if you elect to apply to AvalonBay you accept the AvalonBay California Personnel Privacy NoticeJob ID 29258