Edward Rose & Sons is a continuously growing, national real-estate development and management company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan with additional offices in Indianapolis, Flint and Kalamazoo, and communities in 17 states across the country. Edward Rose & Sons have built over 80,000 single-family homes, and apartments since 1921 and are still actively engaged in residential construction today.
We are currently looking for an experienced Benefits Administrator to join our Kalamazoo team. The Benefits Administrator will handle the day-to-day operations of benefits programs such as group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, critical illness and accident plan, HSA plan, and 401(k) plan.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the HR Manager for implementation of the benefits programs.
- Collect data and prepare payroll reports, as necessary.
- Coordinate data transfers with the HR Manager to support external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration.
- Make recommendations to improve internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Coordinate benefit enrollments, QMCSO responses, terminations, life event changes, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files and updates to employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data, process monthly billings and prepare check requests or wire authorizations for payment of group plan premiums.
- Prepare reconciliation reports to ascertain correct premium and 401(k) deductions.
- Support processes for new hire orientation.
- Collaborate with all benefit administrators for communication tools to enhance employee understanding of the company’s benefits package and meet disclosure requirements.
- Provide support to group benefits participants.
- Administer and track all leaves of absence including FMLA, MLOA, Workers’ Compensation, and personal, and coordinate the administration of any STD and LTD benefits.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR is required.
- Previous experience in benefits administration is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working with goal deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to evaluate and make judgment on the plans administration.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401K with company match
- Generous PTO program
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee referral program
- Apartment discount
- Opportunity for advancement within the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.