Maintenance Technician (Standby)
Michigan City, IN
If you enjoy working with your hands and are capable of performing most maintenance tasks then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Normandy Village Apartments is looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance Technician. Maintenance Technicians promote the community and the rental of apartments through the proper and timely maintenance of the interior of buildings, including apartments, mechanical rooms and common areas. This position requires the individual to perform emergency work orders after normal business hours including weekends. Onsite housing* and a shift premium are provided.
*In addition to onsite housing, employee must follow the requirements for all residents living at a community regarding occupancy guidelines, criminal history and pets.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining high standards.
- Meeting service request deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- HVAC Certification or experience is preferred but willing to train.
- Must have own tools.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds.
- Experience with water softener repair, if applicable.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel policy.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $18.85 per hour or higher, based on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.