Operational Initiatives Mgr
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons is a privately-owned, national real estate development company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan with additional offices in Carmel, Indiana and Flint and Kalamazoo, Michigan. We have been actively engaged in residential construction since 1921 with over 80,000 single-family homes and apartments.
We are currently looking to fill a full-time Operational Initiatives Manager position for our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The Operational Initiatives Manager will support the strategic planning team by assisting with the development and evaluation of operational programs, policies, and processes. The Operational Initiatives Manager will assist in ensuring the organization is performing strategically and efficiently. The Operational Initiatives Manager is a self-driven team member who will work with various business groups and community teams to support operational initiatives, by obtaining feedback and evaluating effectiveness. Building strong partnerships and trust to enhance collaboration with all Edward Rose & Sons teams is critical to success in this role. The ability to synthesize feedback and data for optimal collaboration will also be a key driver.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Foster relationships and communication among cross-functional teams, including operations, construction, people, technology, finance, and other teams to develop smoother workflow and cost-effective business processes.
• Partner with regional teams to identify opportunities for improvement and manage the development of strategies to assist in meeting goals and objectives.
• Develop and implement project plans with the Director of Operational Initiatives and Strategic Planning and internal stakeholders to meet key deliverables, identify business need for projects, and anticipate potential challenges.
• Manage strategic operational projects, including establishing timelines and metrics to evaluate project effectiveness.
• Assist with development, implementation, and ongoing management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Assist with communication, explanation, and mentorship of new directives, SOPs, or procedures with leaders to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
• Provide support on implementation of metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated.
• Manage the development of Request for Proposals (RFPs), evaluation of potential vendor partners and services, and presentation of findings to Director of Operational Initiatives and Strategic Planning, and internal stakeholders.
• Perform data analysis of proposed and implemented solutions to support recommendations for business decisions.
• Improve operations metrics across focus areas.
• Establish and manage pilot groups for technological advancements. Foster communication among departments, pilot properties and leadership.
• Assist with program management during and after implementation. Intermediary between operations, technology, learning and development and partner vendors for integration, implementation, education, support, enhancements, and reporting.
• Verify initiatives following implementation to ensure understanding and compliance, creating action plans to address any gaps.
• Create visual presentations of project status on a periodic basis for senior leaders.
• Act as a positive advocate of the organization’s strategic direction and initiatives, displaying the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
• Lead and take ownership of team goals and performance.
• Actively participate in the talent attraction and retention process, including interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training team members as the need arises.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards throughout the team.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field is required.
• Proven experience in cross-collaboration and project management required.
• 5+ years’ experience in Operations is preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Regional Property Manager or equivalent in similar industry is preferred.
• Experience using Yardi Voyager and CRM Property Management Software is preferred.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including data analysis in Excel.
• Interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Experience with process improvement and change management strategies.
• Self-driven; working with limited direction and supervision.
• Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with others.
• Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to balance and prioritize simultaneous projects and tasks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
• Must be willing to travel to various locations via private or public transportation. Travel may make up 40-50% of the time in this role seasonally.
• Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and DMV record.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off program
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee referral program
- 20% apartment home discount
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.