Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons is a privately-owned, national real estate development company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan with additional offices in Carmel, Indiana and Flint and Kalamazoo, Michigan. We have been actively engaged in residential construction since 1921 with over 80,000 single-family homes and apartments.
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel Management, Inc., is currently looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist for the property management department at our beautiful headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills and be a self-starter. This position also requires good oral and written communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Verifying that charges on invoices match pricing quotes and contracts.
- Processing invoices for several apartment communities in a timely manner, using Yardi software.
- Balancing statements for specified apartment communities.
- Resolving discrepancies with vendors.
- Communicating with Property Managers to resolve discrepancies and/or other problems.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Required skills and attributes:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Yardi experience is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in accounting/finance and/or degree in accounting/finance.
- Must be skilled in basic accounts payable practices.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Employees are expected to be honest and trustworthy. A full background check will be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.