Oak Creek, WI
Edward Rose & Sons is currently looking to fill a full-time Facilities Supervisor position at Tanglewood Apartments. The Facilities Supervisor performs, manages, and supervises the inspection, maintenance, alteration, and construction of buildings, grounds, equipment, property, and other facilities for multiple apartment communities within a specific geographic area or portfolio. These job specifications are done by performing the duties personally, in addition to contracting and supervising others. The ideal candidate will have a solid work ethic, be a self-starter, and have hands-on experience with various tools and construction tasks.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Plan, budget, and schedule facilities' maintenance and alterations including inspections of roofs, attics, foundations, structures, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as grounds, pavement, concrete, storm-water drainage, and landscape.
- Monitor the quality of ongoing repairs and renovations made by on-site maintenance staff.
- Create scopes of work; researching and writing specifications for work, producing cost estimates and budgets, soliciting and acquiring contractor proposals, seeking out contractors, managing bid processes, writing contracts for capital improvements and other work.
- Apply for and acquire municipal and government permits, performing inspections of work in progress and completed work and ensuring compliance with specifications; approving and accepting completion of work.
- Insurance claim assessment, negotiation, and settlement of property damage claims including coordinating and supervising complete rehabilitation of loss.
- Negotiate vendor and contractor pricing and develop and maintain lists of approved vendors and contractors.
- Provide consultation services to all sites in areas of facilities management including construction, structures, budgets, safety and security, and code conformance.
- Develop and implement training programs for community maintenance and other facilities personnel.
Job Requirements to Perform this Job Successfully:
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent the company at all times.
- Must possess the ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to complete the required duties in a timely fashion.
- Ability to account for the time spent on various assigned tasks.
- Must possess a college degree and/or ten years’ related experience in property or facility management, multi-family or commercial construction, architectural, engineering, building material manufacturing, or other technical experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, financial reports, legal documents, blueprints, and building and engineering plans.
- Ability to effectively present information to others.
- Ability to communicate via email, to create documents in Word and Excel, and to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical processes including geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of conditions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, blueprints, building and mechanical design plans, municipal codes, contracts and other legal documents.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of multi-family residential construction processes and procedures.
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties; regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and climb. Occasionally required to lift mildly heavy objects, climb ladders, balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to work from heights of 30’ or more while performing roof inspections.
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as at various properties in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical equipment and live electrical equipment.
- A driver’s license is required and a builder’s license, pool operator’s certificate, refrigerant handling certificate, and other technical training certificates are desirable.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.