Make Ready Maintenance Supervisor
Stone Ridge Apartments is currently seeking a hardworking, self-motivated, Make Ready Maintenance Supervisor to join our successful and growing team! If you have the skills required for this position, apply today and see why Edward Rose & Sons is the right career move for you!
The Make Ready Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising the restoration process of each apartment restoration project. The right candidate will work with the Redecoration Maintenance team to allocate duties and complete the required steps to ensure all vacant apartment homes are restored to a market-ready status, within the allotted time-frame, and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Successful candidates will possess basic maintenance skills, along with some organizational skills to track the status of apartments being turned.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. The right candidate will be highly motivated and capable of performing all turnover maintenance tasks.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Scheduling employees and contractors to restore each apartment home to a market ready status.
- Train and supervise Turnover Maintenance staff and provide them with the support they need.
- Modifying the move-in maintenance checklist to meet the specific requirements of the community and communicate the goals to the turnover team.
- Scheduling lock changes after each move-out.
- Updating the termination inventory and the termination leak log; listing all repairs to be made and noting if repairs will be charged to the previous resident.
- Completing inspections and estimating turnover time using the termination inventory and time schedule; listing supplies needed to complete the repairs.
- Grading employees on the quality of the turnover and on the time it took to turn the apartment.
- Certifying the apartment once all repairs are complete to make sure it is in a ready-to-show status.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Ability to complete full vacant turn process.
- EPA Certification is strongly preferred.
- Experience with water softener repair is preferred.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance is preferred.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking, and grouting required.
- Experience with windows, appliances, faucets, garbage disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Basic electrical and plumbing experience required.
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures including potential hazards, pathogens, hand tool safety, electricity, fire safety, etc.
- Open to change and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $19.75 per hour or higher, based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.