Part-Time Leasing Consultant
Clinton Township, MI
If you have an outgoing, friendly personality, with dynamic sales and customer service skills, then we have an excellent opportunity for YOU!
The Harbours Apartments is currently seeking a Leasing Consultant who takes pride in their accomplishments, has strong sales and marketing skills, excellent writing and verbal communication skills, and the drive to see tasks through to the end. The right candidate will be attentive to details and will work cooperatively with the property operations staff to provide an exceptional customer experience for our residents, prospective residents, and guests.
Leasing Consultants focus on providing quality customer service from initial contact to signed lease agreement. Suggestively sell to prospects using strong knowledge of lease terms, community amenities, surrounding areas, and competing communities. Leasing Consultants recognize the importance of resident renewals and actively work to increase retention. Follow up with prospect/resident needs in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Provide accurate information on the selling features of the community and surrounding area.
- Build positive rapport with potential residents by answering telephone and email communications in a timely manner.
- Process applications for prospective residents and follow up to maintain consistent communication.
- Consistently maintain conversion expectations as set by the company.
- Must meet secret shop expectations.
- Follow procedures to coordinate residents moving in and out of the community, making sure to properly document events and communicate the status to the proper departments.
- Listen to resident complaints and help develop solutions for them.
- Maintain a positive online reputation through providing excellent service and soliciting reviews.
- Conduct follow-ups with residents on lease renewals as assigned.
- Conduct daily walk-through inspections of market ready apartment units for show status and product features/readiness. Notify management of any needed repairs.
- Maintain records of walk-in traffic, telephone inquiries, appointments, follow-up procedures, and rental sales.
- Assist with resident appreciation events as directed.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Must follow state/local/federal laws, fair housing, and safety compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous sales or customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property management is preferred.
- Previous leasing experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing is required.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Weekend hours may be assigned.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
Compensation: Starting at $16.11 per hour or higher, based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.