Community Operations Assistant (9272)
Salary range: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour.
The Community Operations Assistant assists with the administration of a portfolio of properties financial operations. They work closely with on-site property management teams and the corporate team with a goal of providing exceptional customer experience to internal and external customers in accordance with Holland Partner Group's core values.
- Dedicated to working closely with all on-site staff.
- Prepare and records all property notices such as 3-day, 10-day, balance due, NSF, and renewals.
- Remain up-to-date on all state laws regarding non-payment and delinquent accounts.
- Ensure compliance with Holland policies and procedures.
- Understand and apply principles of Fair Housing.
- Responsible for understanding Landlord-Tenant laws.
- Process accounts payable in a consistent and timely manner with approval of the Property Manager.
- Attend and participate in training programs as required.
- Represent the community and Holland in a professional manner at all times.
- Complete the daily input of leasing, audit daily deposits, weekly payable batches, and activity for the property.
- Maintain Resident electronic files according to Holland Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the VP of Accounting.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree in related coursework or equivalent years' experience strongly preferred. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience in residential or commercial property management required. One-year experience in finance, accounting, or banking services may be considered in lieu of some property management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with property management systems "“ Yardi software experience preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Great verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and clearly explain legal documents.
Attendance: This full-time position requires regular and punctual attendance compliant with the schedule set to meet company needs. Additional hours or overtime may be required.
This position also requires:
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
Benefits: Holland is proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA), income replacement (Life Insurance, Long-term Disability) and retirement savings through our 401(k), including employer match. Supplemental benefits are also available (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Short-term Disability) and we are proud to offer our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Tuition Reimbursement. We offer PTO in addition to Paid Sick Leave, paid holidays and a generous Sabbatical after every 5 years of service. There are also opportunities to share in the success of the company through our profit share programs.