Part-Time Onsite Resident Manager
The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) was established in 1941 and has evolved into one of the most progressive housing authorities in the Country. We are the largest provider of affordable housing in San Bernardino County and proudly assist approximately 26,000 people. The Housing Authority is a separate legal entity from the County of San Bernardino with approximately 145 employees. The HACSB prides itself on providing more than just housing to residents and thanks to strong partnerships, we continue to help the families we serve access resources and services to enrich their quality of life.
The HACSB's employees are passionate about their work and every position revolves around our agency's mission and core values. We invite you to be a part of our dedicated team who strive to provide meaningful and impactful housing services and resources to the community we serve.
Position starting pay: $15.50/hour. Application Review is currently ongoing.
**$600 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE IN 2 INSTALLMENTS**
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment evaluation, which includes: a post-offer medical examination (including physical, depending on position) background check (including credit check, depending on position), DMV pull (depending on position), employment history, education verification, and documentation of the right to work in the United States.
Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation in any portion of the selection process should state their need in writing when submitting an application.
Under the direction of the Sr. Regional Communities Manager or Property Manager, performs a variety of on-site services for the Housing Authority's Affordable Housing units including, but not limited to, rent collection, coordination of resident activities, cleaning up laundry and trash bin area; walks property regularly to monitor overall appearance and reports issues to Regional Manager as needed.
We currently have openings at two of our Barstow properties:
- 7th Street Property (PBV - 74 units)
- Manager's Unit Address: 725 Fredricks in Barstow
- Manager's Unit Details: 580 sq ft. 1 bedroom/1 bathroom downstairs
- Bighorn and Yosemite property (PBV - 88 units)
- Manager's Unit Address: 2001 Lassen in Barstow
- Manager's Unit Details: 650 sq ft. 1 bedroom/1 bathroom downstairs
Positions comes with free unit, utility allowance, and cell phone allowance. Positions will mainly work out of their home-based office and as needed in the office at our Barstow office located at 421 S. 7th Ave. Part-time positions working approximately 19 hours each week. Working hours will be Monday-Thursday 9am - 1pm and Fridays 9am-12pm.
Day to Day Glimpse: Accepting rents, enter work orders, property inspections, assist with resident complaints and notice to pay or quit notices, evictions, and cleaning property.
1. Provides office support at on-site management office by collecting rents at assigned site. Processes and deposits rent as assigned. Greets the residents and general public in a courteous and professional manner. Available to residents during normal office business hours.
2. Monitors conduct of tenants to ensure compliance with house rules, regulations, and lease; enforcement of apartment rules, maintain written records, and report occupancy violations, disturbances and other infractions by tenants and guests. Works with supervisor to ensure timeline recertification requirements (if applicable).
3. Serves Housing Authority notices and communications to tenants when necessary. Participates in Housing Authority sponsored community meetings.
4. Coordinates with residents in their assigned area to initiate maintenance requests or provide maintenance to minor problems (if applicable), ensures security lighting is in good condition.
5. Monitors performance of outside vendors and informs supervisor of any issues or concerns.
6. Develops and maintains good resident relations and encourages residents to work together with the Housing Authority to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood. Adheres to Customer Service Policy.
7. Picks up trash around the complexes, cleans up dumpster areas and laundry rooms, cleans up graffiti and hauls trash away. Reports to the Management office any large trash objects needing removal, and any liability related issues (such as trip hazards, sharp objects etc.) around the property or concerning residents and their guests.
8. Assists in preparation and showing of vacant units as requested, including clean-up, light maintenance work and external yard work.
9. Coordinates with Management office on a daily basis to keep the Housing Authority apprised of any concerns or problems at the complex.
10. Shows apartments to prospective residents; assists with move-in orientation including move-in and move-out or other inspections as needed. Maintains awareness of an adequate number of market ready apartments, effectively monitor delinquencies and implement marketing plans as requested.
11. Performs other related projects as assigned by the Sr. Regional Communities Manager or Property Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience within a Property Management office preferred. Ability to perform clean-up on property. Must be able to live on-site. Bilingual preferred.
Indoor and outdoor environment.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Seeing to read a variety of materials and equipment
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Lifting light objects up to 15 lbs.
Bending at the waist, kneeling, crawling or crouching.
Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
The HACSB is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values differences among our customers, vendors, and the communities in which we live and conduct business. Our continued success and growth is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout the company and our communities. HACSB is an equal opportunity employer.