City of San Marcos
HOUSING & NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES MANAGER
San Marcos, CA
Ready to discover where your talents can take you next? Discover just how bright your future can be in San Marcos! The City of San Marcos is currently accepting applications to fill one vacancy in the Housing and Neighborhood Services Division of the Administration Department.
This is your chance to join an exceptional agency at an extraordinary time!
San Marcos, California is distinct for our:
- Entrepreneurial approach of a real estate portfolio that earns $10M annually
- Growth rate of median household incomes outpacing the region
- Multiple higher education institutions
THE RIGHT PERSON
Serving the public is paramount to all that we do. We are driven by the more than 95,000 residents who count on us every day. For that reason, you must be responsive, collaborative and accountable to our community and customers. The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and as a member of highly functioning team. We want a Housing and Neighborhood Services Manager with determination and vision to streamline how we do business - and the confidence to lead our team into the future. It's essential that this person knows and respects government regulations, but we'd also like creative solutions to achieve new heights of success.
To review the Housing and Neighborhood Services Manager job description, including technical aptitude and requirements, please visit the following link.
Additional information regarding the City of San Marcos' Housing and Neighborhood Programs can be viewed here.
THE RIGHT PLACE
Just minutes away from the Pacific Ocean, San Marcos is emerging as one of San Diego County's most desirable communities, with top-ranked schools and California's newest state university. With multiple beaches and epic year-round weather, the recreation opportunities are endless. Our economy continues to grow as people discover that San Marcos is a great place to live, work and play.
In San Marcos, you can:
- Explore our 38 beautiful parks, which add more than 300 acres of open space
- Trek 63 miles of trails through some of area's most scenic vistas
- Learn at any one of the six educational institutions
- Celebrate the community spirit at more than 50 annual events
- Dine at more than 240 restaurants and breweries
THE RIGHT PERKS
- Earn a competitive salary.
- Our 9/80 work week means you'll have every other Friday off. Flexible work arrangement may be accommodated once you've had an opportunity to fully jump into the roles and responsibilities of the position and are working effectively with your team.
- Generous health benefits for you and your family (all medical premiums employer paid at 90%, including family plans). Benefits are effective the first of the month after hire date.
- Enjoy ample time off (13 paid holidays, 96 hours of sick leave, 80 hours of vacation leave).
- Family focused benefits - 4 weeks of city paid maternity / paternity leave for new parents welcoming a new family member and 1 week of city paid grandparent leave for employees expanding their extended family.
- Participate in the CalPERS retirement system (Classic members 2% @ 55, PEPRA members 2% @ 62) and Social Security.
- Enhance your career taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program, up to $1,500 per fiscal year, which can also be used for student loan payments.
Applications will be received through 5:00 pm, Wednesday, February 8, 2023
First interview - Wednesday, February 15, 2023 - Virtual
Second interview - Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - In Person
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, social sciences, or a related field. A master’s degree is desirable.
Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in a housing and/or human services program area, a Neighborhood Services related program area, and/or code enforcement, investigative, or inspection experience, including three years of management and administrative responsibility.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.