Maintenance Manager (Canyon Country)
Canyon Country, CA
As the Maintenance Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement.
You are responsible for achieving cleanliness, maintenance, aesthetics and the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your Community. You accomplish these goals through leading your teams in creating the greatest possible living experience for our residents and executing the Service projects within your Community. You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for GHP. You are the number one Ambassador of the GHP Culture and Vision on your team and a trusted partner to your Community Manager.
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY MANAGER
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Customer Service and Leadership:
- Creates and maintains a safe, respectful, and productive environment for all team members at the community.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the community team by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the Service Team to achieve it.
- Efficiently handle resident requests and complaints and, when necessary, escalate them to your Community Manager
- Ensure asset preservation and prevent deferred maintenance issues.
- Manages Service Team’s performance related to maintenance operations such as: plumbing, painting, appliance repairs, electrical tasks, heating and air conditioning, carpentry work, pool upkeep, fire systems, and grounds upkeep
- Efficiently manage expenses and capital to meet budget requirements
- Partner with vendors to ensure project completion and quality standards are met
- Ensure timely communication with Community Manager, Regional Managers, Regional Maintenance Managers, other Community teams, and stakeholders to anticipate and prevent future concerns
- Makes budget recommendations for cap X projects.
- 1 - 3 years as a Service Manager within a property of at least 150+ units, preferably within a Class A Luxury property and/or combination of 2+ years as Assistant Service Manager/Lead role with supervision over 4+ team members within a community of 500+ units.
- HVAC certified a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and safety requirements
- Working knowledge and ability to recognize repair requirements for plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, pool upkeep, fire systems and grounds upkeeping
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Multilingual ability a plus.
**The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks will be assigned.
Salary Range: $63,000 - $64,480 per year, DOE.