Community Manager - (DTLA)
Los Angeles, CA
As the Community Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement.
You are responsible for meeting the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your assigned Community by achieving revenue growth, occupancy and reputation management goals. You accomplish these goals through leading your team in creating the greatest possible living experience and well-being of all individuals associated with the Community, both team members and residents. You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for GHP. You are the number one Ambassador of the GHP Culture and Vision within your Community.
Customer Experience and Leadership:
- Creates and maintains a safe, respectful, and productive environment for all team members at the community.
- Provides leadership for the Community/Property by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the teams to achieve it.
- Promotes regular communication and transparency within the Community through daily huddles, regular team and one-on-one meetings.
- Focuses on identifying the challenges early and use it as an opportunity to develop the team and take corrective measures as necessary.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction and elevates team behaviors.
- Establishes a learning culture and maintains a strong connection of the community team to GHP.
- Provides reinforcing and developmental feedback to direct reports on a regular and timely manner.
Sales and Marketing:
- Monitors and drives rental activity including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, closing ratios and notices to ensure financial performance requirements for assigned Community are being met.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the competitive property markets and ensures Leasing Team is up to date on opportunities and areas of focus.
- Manages all Marketing activities within budgetary guidelines to maintain and exceed occupancy requirements.
- Develops and oversees an on-going resident retention program, including resident events.
- Creates an outreach and networking strategy to generate leads within the local market.
- Maintains fiscal oversight and is responsible for YOY revenue growth, income maximization and expense control for the Community.
- Manages rent collection, through delinquency management and taking preventative steps to reduce evictions and write-offs.
- Proactively monitors Community performance and creates action plans to address opportunities and demonstrate positive trend.
- Participates in the development of budget reporting and projected annual variances from budget.
- Participates in the preparation of annual operating and capital expense budgets for approval.
- Assists with payables/receivables and other accounting activities, including accounting month-end.
- Collaborates with Corporate Collections team on collection efforts.
- Conducts daily walks to ensure compliance in all facets of the Community performance to ensure that the property consistently meets GHP standards, including curb appeal, cleanliness, asset preservation, state of repair, safety and security standards.
- Conducts weekly/monthly property walks with Regional Managers and Regional Maintenance Managers to ensure Community compliance with the GHP standards.
- Regularly audits property onsite files to ensure proper resident qualification and screening processes are being followed in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Manages compliance with Fair Housing laws and regulations through regular team communication and training.
- 5+ years managing a resident apartment community of 300+ units or more experience as a Community Manager and/or Property Manager or a combination of experience managing and leading within a 300-500 units community with 2-3-year experience as Leasing Manager or similar sales and marketing role within Property Management.
- 2+ years experience with financial budget development for the community
- 3+ years’ experience using industry software such as Pop Card, Yardi or equivalent Property Management software,
- Associates Degree in Business Administration and/or ARM or CPM certification required. Bachelors’ Degree or higher preferred.
- 2-3 years experience managing a team of 10 or more team members.
- Regular and physical attendance is required.
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
**The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks will be assigned**
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000. per year, DOE.