Regional Portfolio Manager
Los Angeles, CA
As the Regional Portfolio Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement.
You are responsible for achieving revenue growth, occupancy goals and the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your assigned portfolio. You accomplish these goals through leading your teams in creating the greatest possible living experience and well-being of all individuals associated with the communities, both team members and residents. You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for GHP. You are the number one Ambassador of the GHP Culture and Vision.
Customer Experience and Leadership:
- Creates and maintains a safe, respectful, and productive environment for all team members at the community.
- Provides leadership for the portfolio by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the teams to achieve it.
- Promotes and upholds company values, employee promise, policies, and initiatives.
- Selects, hires, trains, coaches and provides feedback to the teams to deliver Service Excellence.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction and elevates team behaviors.
Sales and Marketing:
- Monitors rental activity including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, closing ratios and notices to ensure financial performance requirements for assigned communities are being met.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the competitive property markets within assigned portfolio and ensures Community Managers are up to date on opportunities and areas of focus.
- Monitors, oversees and implements reputation management strategy both within the GHP expectations and property needs.
- Maintains fiscal oversight and is responsible for YOY revenue growth, income maximization and expense control for assigned portfolio.
- Provides monthly financial analysis/strategy to meet portfolio goals.
- Prepares monthly and/or quarterly variance reports and analysis of projected annual variances from budget.
- Prepares annual operating and capital expense budgets for approval.
- Visits properties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure compliance in all facets of the properties performance, including occupancy and leasing goals.
- Conducts property walks with Regional Maintenance Managers, Service Managers and Community Managers to ensure that the property consistently meets GHP standards, including curb appeal, cleanliness, asset preservation, state of repair, safety and security standards.
- Oversees the vendor selection and negotiation process and monitors vendor performance.
- Ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- 5+ years managing a resident apartment portfolio with 2,500+ units with 3-5 years’ experience as onsite property/community manager or area portfolio manager experience, 3-5 years managing a multi- site portfolio and/or a combination.
- 1-2 years’ experience with financial budget development, management and oversight for portfolio of properties
- 1-3 years’ experience using industry software such as Pop Card, Yardi or equivalent Property Management software, Resident Screening Software and intermediate level user of business applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must be able to regularly travel to multiple property locations daily/weekly/monthly within assigned portfolio as well as company meetings and conferences which may include air travel.
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
- Frequently lift/move/carry 5lbs
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
**The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks will be assigned**
Salary Range: $135,000-$140,000. per year, DOE.