Assistant Construction Superintendent
If you have experience in multi-family construction and enjoy managing a project from start to finish then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Construction Superintendent. Assistant Construction Superintendents are responsible for the overall day-to-day and must have extensive experience with three-story, wood frame construction, hospitality level finishes and multi-family facilities. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in the construction industry, and be available to work full-time with over-time on some Saturdays (as needed).
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising the construction process from initial development of land through final acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis. Includes managing permits, construction trade contracts, company policies and industry standards.
- Originating and maintaining schedules for all trades, with assistance from Project Manager, and be responsible for the contractor’s adherence thereto.
- Holding contractors accountable for their performance through straightforward communications, relating their performance to payment for their services.
- Inspecting each trade's work and approving invoicing according to contract payment terms.
- Managing personnel, overseeing the quality of construction, and ensuring safety on the job site.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with and supervise a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and well organized.
- Able to review and interpret plans, specifications and contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the construction of the project.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce OSHA guidelines.
- Able to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.