Structural Repair Supervisor
Fort Wayne, IN
If you are a driven craftsman who enjoys working with your hands and being a leader then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Structural Repair Supervisor. Structural Repair Supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day operations of exterior repair work and renovations on apartment buildings. Structural Repair Supervisors assist the Structural Repair Manager as needed and are responsible to oversee contracts, contractors, and the carpentry crew while also performing skilled carpentry work.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Supervises a team of carpenters and contractors in various locations.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor.
- Work on ladders or roofs.
- Inspect carpenters' work to ensure quality.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have five or more years’ experience successfully leading crews.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be available to travel to multiple cities and states.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Possess woodworking tools.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to keep employees motivated.
- Able to work at heights of 50 feet or more.
- Able to transport 80 pounds of materials around the job site.
- Able to work outdoors year round while assuring the company's standards are met.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel policy.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.