Rutherford Management Company
Maintenance Service Technician
San Francisco, CA
Maintenance Service Technician
San Francisco and Surrounding Areas
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Service Technician for an outstanding opportunity with a fully integrated private real estate investment company to service 7 properties in the greater San Francisco area. The ideal candidate will be able to perform general maintenance tasks including work orders and unit turns, maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, clubhouse, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist with preserving the assets and to provide a quality living environment for our residents. Additionally, the ideal candidate will provide excellent customer service, attention to detail and approach their job with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Service Technician:
- Generate service requests to ensure timely completion of curb appeal related tasks as needed.
- Complete service requests and provide written documentation of work performed, detail turnover units, and satisfactorily complete all turnover punch list items to ensure we are meeting zero defects 3-5 day turn standard.
- Assistance with installations and basic property maintenance upkeep
- Communicate with residents and Community Managers to ensure a streamlined service completion for our customers.
Requirements of the Maintenance Service Technician: Two years of general maintenance experience required.
- One-year minimum experience in apartment maintenance or related field preferred.
- Knowledge and basic skills in plumbing, repairing appliances, electrical, lock replacement, drywall repair, and carpentry.
- Painting experience preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude, understanding of building materials and tools.
- Must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment and carry out instructions
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred
- Computer experience
Although work hours may change during periods of high turnover, construction/rehab, lease up, budget preparation, or while special projects are underway, work hours are typically 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Schedule may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate special projects or resident appointment requests. On Call Rotation may involve emergency service requests which must be responded to after hours and/or on weekends.
Daily travel between the properties is required for Service Technicians who are assigned more than one property. Travel is also required for company training events, budget or financial review meetings, and special project events.
Housing discount offered
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Work rotation includes San Francisco, San Anselmo, Kentfield, Greenbrae and San Rafael. Travel stipend will be provided.
Background Check/Drug Testing: Must be able to pass a drug test and background check in accordance with state/local ordinances.