Compliance Project Analyst (Corporate -
San Rafael, CA
Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5%match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility. We believe in work / life balance. 15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service) 10 paid sick days per year 12 paid holidays Leave Early Fridays (REM Onsite Positions) Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions) We take care of our employees. Competitive Salaries 403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match Go 365 Wellness Program Free Employee Medical Insurance Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance Flexible Spending Account EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services $1,500 Employee Referral Program EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a Compliance Project Analyst to work at EAH Corporate located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have an Associates degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. Candidates will have minimum two years of experience working with an affordable housing development and management company as a Compliance Specialist, Property Supervisor or Project Manager. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, HHFDC, Spectrum, CalHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD and RHCP. Knowledge in Yardi a plus. Salary commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition COMPL003077 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under the direction of the Compliance Project Manager, the Compliance Project Analyst will provide compliance-related monitoring assistance during all phases of new construction, acquisition/rehab and acquisition of new fee management contracts. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Reviews summary of compliance data from Deal Memo, Limited Partnership Agreements and Regulatory Agreements, Pro Forma budget, utility allowance schedule, rent and income limits, Tax Credit application, and place-in-service documents such as the Preliminary Reservation and Carryover Allocation letter and IRS form 8609 in order to assist Compliance Project Manager with completion of move-in qualification sheets, RSP, income limits and review of move-in files.
- Reviews compliance summary of requirements with Compliance Project Manager and identifies the most restrictive rent, income limits per bedroom size.
- Assists with creation of the resident selection plan, management plan, application packet, marketing materials and sets up compliance fields in management software. Ensures occupancy standards, required lease addendums and any other agency restrictions are reflected in printed material.
- Advises on-site staff on compliance summary of requirements, move-in qualifications, resident selection criteria, rents, income limits, utility allowances, occupancy standards, applications and lease processing as well as the file review process.
- Provides weekly/monthly Rent Rolls and Project Status Report of qualified households to Compliance Project Manager.
- Actively participates and provides compliance-related status updates during weekly Acquisition Rehab and New Construction meetings.
- Performs initial certification file review. Identifies non-compliance and ensures file corrections are completed prior to file submissions to investor’s auditor.
- Submits first year certification files to investor’s auditor.
- Track submissions of file corrections for investor’s auditor final approval.
- Ensures onsite staff scans final approved first year certification files.
- Provides compliance-related guidance to site managers and their administrative staff.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
May direct the work of external consultants.
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. Minimum two years of experience working with an affordable housing development and management company as a Compliance Specialist, Property Supervisor or Project Manager. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, HHFDC, Spectrum, CalHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD and RHCP.
- Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH minimum requirements.
- Up-to-date on Fair Housing Training.
- COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) or CPO (Certified Profession of Occupancy) and TCS (Tax Credit Specialist; SCS – Site Compliance Specialist or SHCM – Specialist in Housing Credit Management or any related designation) certification.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of YARDI.
- Training presentation skills.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening.&nb