Part-Time Onsite Resident Manager
The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) was established in 1941 and has evolved into one of the most progressive housing authorities in the Country. We are the largest provider of affordable housing in San Bernardino County and proudly assist approximately 26,000 people. The Housing Authority is a separate legal entity from the County of San Bernardino with approximately 145 employees. The HACSB prides itself on providing more than just housing to residents and thanks to strong partnerships, we continue to help the families we serve access resources and services to enrich their quality of life.
The HACSB’s employees are passionate about their work and every position revolves around our agency’s mission and core values. We invite you to be a part of our dedicated team who strive to provide meaningful and impactful housing services and resources to the community we serve.
Position starting pay: $15.00/hour. The initial review of applications will begin starting the week of November 28th. Applications received before the initial review date will be considered, with qualifying applicants being eligible to participate in the phone screen process.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment evaluation, which includes: a post-offer medical examination (including physical, depending on position) background check (including credit check, depending on position), DMV pull (depending on position), employment history, education verification, and documentation of the right to work in the United States. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation in any portion of the selection process should state their need in writing when submitting an application.
Under the direction of the Sr. Regional Communities Manager or Property Manager, performs a variety of on-site services for the Housing Authority's Affordable Housing units including, but not limited to, rent collection, coordination of resident activities, cleaning up laundry and trash bin area; walks property regularly to monitor overall appearance and reports issues to Regional Manager as needed.
Person is required to live onsite at property located on Berry Street in Colton. Position comes with free rent, utility allowance, and cell phone allowance. Unit offered is 1 bedroom/1 bath downstairs unit with a home based office. Part-time position working approximately 19 hours each week. Working schedule will be Monday to Thursday - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, and Friday - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
1. Provides office support at on-site management office by collecting rents at assigned site. Processes and deposits rent as assigned. Greets the residents and general public in a courteous and professional manner. Available to residents during normal office business hours.
2. Monitors conduct of tenants to ensure compliance with house rules, regulations, and lease; enforcement of apartment rules, maintain written records, and report occupancy violations, disturbances and other infractions by tenants and guests. Works with supervisor to ensure timeline recertification requirements (if applicable).
3. Serves Housing Authority notices and communications to tenants when necessary. Participates in Housing Authority sponsored community meetings.
4. Coordinates with residents in their assigned area to initiate maintenance requests or provide maintenance to minor problems (if applicable), ensures security lighting is in good condition.
5. Monitors performance of outside vendors and informs supervisor of any issues or concerns.
6. Develops and maintains good resident relations and encourages residents to work together with the Housing Authority to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood. Adheres to Customer Service Policy.
7. Picks up trash around the complexes, cleans up dumpster areas and laundry rooms, cleans up graffiti and hauls trash away. Reports to the Management office any large trash objects needing removal, and any liability related issues (such as trip hazards, sharp objects etc.) around the property or concerning residents and their guests.
8. Assists in preparation and showing of vacant units as requested, including clean-up, light maintenance work and external yard work.
9. Coordinates with Management office on a daily basis to keep the Housing Authority apprised of any concerns or problems at the complex.
10. Shows apartments to prospective residents; assists with move-in orientation including move-in and move-out or other inspections as needed. Maintains awareness of an adequate number of market ready apartments, effectively monitor delinquencies and implement marketing plans as requested.
11. Performs other related projects as assigned by the Sr. Regional Communities Manager or Property Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience within a Property Management office preferred. Ability to perform clean-up on property. Must be able to live on-site.
Indoor and outdoor environment. Constant interruptions
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Seeing to read a variety of materials and equipment.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Lifting light objects up to 15 lbs.
Bending at the waist, kneeling, crawling or crouching.
Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Equal Opportunity Employer