Maintenance II & Night Manager - Quail R
Santa Rosa, CA
Maintenance II/Night Manager (2 bedroom apartment included)
MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
Performs maintenance duties and repairs, such as skilled plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, sheet rock repair, major appliance repair, refurbishing, and common area cleaning in housing projects designed to provide low-income families, seniors, special users, or other eligible individuals with furnished or unfurnished housing in single or multiunit dwellings. In exchange for reduced rent housing, the Night Manager is responsible for providing the after-hours management presence in coordination with or in the absence of a Community Manager. Ensures common area buildings are secured after-hours, including but not limited to laundry facilities, community rooms, light checks and other common areas where applicable. Responds to on-site emergencies during night shift by taking action to prevent or stop an emergency from escalating, while coordinating with the on-call team member who would relieve the night manager upon arrival on site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficiently and effectively schedules work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities. At properties where there is a Maintenance I position, acts as the lead maintenance technician and is ultimately responsible for the completion of work.
- Performs the following duties and repairs: plumbing, irrigation, carpentry, concrete, dry wall, hardware, doors & windows, flooring, cabinetry, painting, electrical, Heating-Venting and Air Conditioning (HVAC), and appliances. And other work such as replacement of broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks, etc.; paints interior and exterior; performs carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, sanding and refinishing floors, repair of concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, etc.
- Assists in custodial work/cleaning of common areas, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, window cleaning, etc. Assists in grounds work and limited extermination services when necessary.
- Identifies and assesses problems and needs and communicates these to Property Manager. Maintains congenial relationships with all residents; is professional and polite; communicates easily with residents using strong interpersonal skills. Is able to handle complaints/adversity with tact and diplomacy. Is understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic status, those with special needs, and adheres to Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Participates in an on-call emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage of the property and/or other properties. Maintains knowledge of water, gas meter cutoffs, all building and fixture cutoffs, sewer cleanouts and maps and diagrams of the property.
- Maintains physical security of property.
- Under the general supervision of the Property Manager, maintains inventory of, places monthly orders for, picks up and utilizes materials for maintenance and repair.
- Under the supervision of the Property Manager and/ or Facilities, interacts with vendors and prepares bids for large jobs.
- Periodically inspects building exterior and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed. Assists with scheduled unit inspections. Refurbishes apartments prior to occupancy.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative monthly maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturer recommendations or as required by housing regulations or codes.
- Responds to calls on company issued cell phone beginning at 5:30 p.m. through 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday and 24 hours on Saturday/Sunday and Holidays.
- As assigned or needed, performs janitorial duties such as taking out the garbage, placing the dumpsters in position for collection, daily building and property light check runs, light ground duties during nightly walk, etc.; Duties also include light maintenance, in cases of emergency, such as turning off the water valve on a toilet, faucet, main water valve, and water vacuum in cases of flooding prior to being relieved by on call team member.
- Exercises good judgment and own discretion to call for other staff or 911 for help in an emergency. Contacts on-call maintenance personnel for maintenance emergencies.
- Directs emergency personnel to various parts of grounds, buildings or unit, as appropriate. Assist when necessary while emergency staff are on-site.
- Within 24 hours, records any incidents, unusual occurrences or emergency/after-hours calls on the incident report form or on call work order, and immediately notifies site Manager as required.
- Walks to be completed at least once each evening. Maintains an oversight presence by responding and noting any suspicious activities or possible lease violations Walks to be completed of interior common areas and exterior of the property, including the parking lots. Performs daily light check runs for the property and buildings and ensures all doors and windows in the common areas are locked, and alarms are set. Report to Community Manager within 24 hours of any lighting issues for maintenance to resolve. Monitoring of the parking areas for compliance with house rules must be performed. This includes noting and reporting any parking violations as they occur in addition to any incidences where towing would be required. Follow through with Community Manager the following business morning will be required for any noted incidents.
- Submission of the Night Manager Weekly Log to be emailed to the Community Manager and Property Supervisor weekly.
- Weekly reporting to the Community Manager noting any incidents or issues identified during the nightly property walks will be required.
- Review of all House Rules and Lease provisions of the assigned property to ensure understanding of and what constitutes a lease violation so that proper notification and follow-through is communicated to the Community Manager.
- Responds to malfunctioning of irrigation system by turning off water or shutting down the irrigation system.
- Attends staff meetings where Night Manager duties are performed, at least once per month or as required. Attendance to the staff meeting can be done via phone.
- Attendance at resident meetings (quarterly for family sites and monthly for senior sites).
- Reports any changes to household composition to supervisor.
- Adheres to house rules of assigned property, including but not limited to pet, parking, storage, nuisance, sanitation, egress policies as described in Eden’s house rules.
- Adheres to unit inspection requirements to be completed twice a year by immediate supervisor to ensure unit is being maintained according to guidelines outlined in Eden’s house rules.
- Sets an example for the community by living up to Eden’s mission and core values.
At properties where there is a Maintenance I position, acts as the lead maintenance technician and directs the work of the Maintenance I and/or Janitor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a maintenance or construction environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl