Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives must maintain a high level of professionalism and present the organization in the best light possible. Responsible for the flow of customer queries and complaints. To do well in this role, incumbent need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated and have experience working with computers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND SUPPORT/GUIDANCE EXERCISED
- Receives direct supervision from the department Manager
- Receives lead direction from senior department staff
- Receives functional guidance from higher level staff
Only up to 100 candidates may be invited to the written examination. Only up to 32 who pass the written examination may be invited to the oral exam. Both the written and the oral must be passed in order to be placed on the eligible list for this classification.
This position will require working onsite in Sacramento, CA.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller/visitor
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Processing work orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints after calls and/or visits
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- foster ongoing relationships by resolving any issues quickly
Community Resident Support
- Respond to rental inquiries made by phone, internet and walk-in traffic with an objective of securing appointments;
- Perform administrative duties related to the on-site marketing function.
- Exercise discretion as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information.
- Assist residents with work order requests, ensuring quality and timely completion
- Maintain Legal Compliance with company standards and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing and Landlord/Tenant laws
Experience: Experience working in a customer support environment.
Education: High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
Licenses and Certificates: Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment: Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, walking, and reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily office activities. May be required to drive during inclement weather conditions. The position also requires frequent grasping, repetitive hand movement and coordination in preparing statistical reports and data using a computer keyboard. Depending on the physical office location occasional use of stairs and walking on uneven ground, Additionally, the position requires reading correspondence, statistical data, and using a computer. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and face-to-face service. The need to lift, drag and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds also is required.
Other Requirements: May be required to take and successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination.
All employees may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time. An employee with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty being added is an essential function of the position, or can be carried out with reasonable accommodation.
Every employee is expected to participate in discussions of individual, department and Agency performance and work on problem-solving teams as assigned. Any employee serving on a problem-solving team may be asked to carry out the role of team leader.
Any person driving for Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency must maintain a valid driver's license on his/her person, and demonstrate compliance with the motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability.